2 Tbsp.butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c.flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh lemon peel
3 eggs, separated
1 1/4 c. milk

Blend butter & sugar;add flour, salt,juice & peel.
Stir in the 3 beaten egg yolks that you've mixed with the milk.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Pour into casserole dish. Place casserole dish in pan of water-bake for 45 min.Serves 6

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Lemon Cake Top Pudding

That looks like what we call "Lemon Delicious" pudding here. Good, isn't it? Have you tried it with orange or lime juice?

o

Colleen=I've tried it in orange, using orange juice concentrate in place of the lemon juice-haven't ever thought about using lime -have to give it a try next time.

I do have a recipe for this "type" of pudding that's just cinnamon--tastes like a big sugar cookie with sauce-will post if anyone's interested.

o

My mother called that "Lemon Dainty"...
Linda C

o

Ooooh, I'd love your recipe for the cinnamon/big sugar cookie pudding... those are my two favorite flavors. In addition to chocolate, lemon, orange, almond... :-)

Your lemon cake pudding looks delicious too, and very easy.

o

About 40 years ago, my mother used to make a lemon sheet cake -- when it was still warm, she used a toothpick to poke holes in it and poured on some type of hot lemon glaze that kind of crystalized on the top. I think it used Jello -- but I don't know if it was in the cake or the glaze (I was thinking it was in the glaze). I've looked through all her recipes and can't find it -- I wish I had asked her when she was still with us :(

Any ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here