Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Triple Chocolate Mess...crockpot dessert

Posted by Lisa_in_Germany (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 11, 04 at 16:15

This was posted at another bulletin board I visit.
Thought somebody here might like it.
Lisa

Triple Chocolate Mess
1 package chocolate cake mix(any)
1 pint sour cream
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding(any size)
1 6oz. bag chocolate chips
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. water
Spray c.p. with non-stick spray. Mix all ingrediants. Cook on low for 6-8 hours Try not to lift the lid. Serve with ice cream.
I tried this with low fat cake mix,sour cream and fat free pudding. It turned out great! It is VERY rich, so be sure to have some ice cream in the house. A little goes a long way. Keeps in fidge for a while. Just heat and serve.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Triple Chocolate Mess...crockpot dessert

Sounds like that Hot Fudge Pudding Cake from years ago.
Will have to give it a try.
RL`

o

Bet it smells wonderful while it's cooking.

o

Lisa, Thanks for sharing.

What size crock pot did you use for this recipe and was it a crock pot versus a slow cooker?

o

Lisa,
I can't wait to make this today. I saw it while at work. The girls there asked for the recipe also. It sounds great and I'll let you know how we all like it. Thanks for sharing!
Dawn

o

You're welcome.
I am not sure what size crockpot it would fit in, but I am sure around a 5 quart one would be o.k.
I just got my friend to get me some cake mixes at the commissary so I will also be trying it this week.
Lisa

o

Lisa,

The Chocolate "Mess" was a hit! Very good and rich. Better warm than hot DH says. I'll be sure to pass it along. Thanks again for sharing.
Dawn

o

This really sounds good. Will have to try this some time.
Ilene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here