Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iso4fun

RECIPE: Wedding Cake Recipe

iso4fun
18 years ago

Does anyone have an easy Wedding Cake recipe? I'm planning to have my parents a 50th Wedding Anniversary party and I want to make them a two tier cake...I have the Wilton cake pans, actually the 3 tier ones. I bake cakes from scratch but not to good on the roses, etc. just planning the maybe do a smooth frosting and decorate with silk flowers and a 50th topper. Any advise would be appreciated very much......

Comments (10)

• lisbet
    18 years ago

Guess an "easy" cake recipe would be made by just buying a cake mix from the super market! However, they are usually too sweet for me (especially after they have been frosted!)
    I find Duncan Hines the most acceptable of the commercial mixes, but for special occasions....from scratch is best.

How about an Italian Cream Cake? Edible flowers can be gotten from a florist (or maybe from your own garden since you live in Alabama???). Just recently Martha Stewart demonstrated, on her show, how to cover the blossom with an egg-white & water mix, sprinkling with granulated sugar to give them a glitter/sparkle. Just make sure the flowers have not been treated with any pesticides and are truly edible. (Violets or rose petals are good examples.)

• amedws
    18 years ago

Hi,
    Try this website,
    http://www.astray.com/recipes/?search=wedding+cake
    I've found some real good recipes on it. Or, go to google search, type in wedding cake and you'll get hundreds of hits to pick from.

• homesforsale
    18 years ago

I made my DD's shower cupcakes.. wedding cake and shower cake:)
    Wedding cake..all real flowers..

Shower cake.. some blue sugared pansies were added later..here and there..

Is this what you are looking for? If so I can post my recipe tomorrow for you..the cupcakes were on tiers:)

It's just a butter and warmed milk cake.. keeps it shape beautifully..moist.not crumbly at all..I have had the recipe for over thirty yrs.. I tripled my recipe..I have 3 tiers though and quite high.

• sharon_fl
    18 years ago

I was going to suggest a Hot Milk cake-it definitely is a moist, firm cake & not as likely to crack on you. A word to you..make sure you cut off the 'humps on all the layers, so your cake sits level. You can 'buy' icing flowers from any place that makes cakes..especially the grocery store bakeries.

• garden_grammie
    18 years ago

You will LOVE this recipe. It is Soooo good!!!!! I used it for my friends 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was a big hit.

Wedding Pound Cake

3 sticks butter
    2 1/2 cups sugar
    3 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. vanilla
    6 eggs
    3cups flour
    3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour cake pans.
    Mix all ingredients together, and beat for 20 to 25 minutes.
    (I use my Kitchen Aide)
    Bake in 350 oven for 1 1/4 hours. Cake is done when middle springs back when lightly touched.

Buttercreme Icing

1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
    1/2 cup butter
    1 tsp. vanilla
    4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
    2 tbs. milk

Creme shortening and butter. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar and milk. Mix well.

Have a great party!!!!!!

• jenn
    18 years ago

Garden_Grammie, that sounds wonderful. What size pans did you use?

• garden_grammie
    18 years ago

I normally use a double loaf pan, but I have used round and square pans as well. It rises quite abit.

• decoratorwannabe
    18 years ago

Hie garden grammie, I was wondering if the flour you use is cake flour? Second question, why do you mix the cak for 20-25 min? Thanks Tam

• organic_weddings
    16 years ago

Hi I need a good cake recipe maybe a white plain cake.

• rusty_ns
    16 years ago

I used this recipe for a 25th anniversary cake. It was nice....moist..sliced nice and not all crumbs.

1-2-3-4 Cake

1 cup butter, softened
    2 cups sugar
    3 cups Swans Down Cake Flour, sifted
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour three 9 inch cake pans. Make cake: In a mixing bowl cream butter and gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and flavorings to creamed mixture, beating after each addition until smooth. Pour batter into cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and finish cooling on racks.