Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucky400_gw

RECIPE: Dessert Ideas

Lucky400
11 years ago

I am making dessert for an evening business meeting for work for 9 people. I was thinking of making brownies but thought I'd like to bring something else along as well for variety. Maybe make a small platter of desserts. Does anyone have any ideas. I also thought of cupcakes.

Comments (4)

• Charlie
    11 years ago

May I suggest a "tira mi su" cake? It is easy and delicious.

Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 tub of cool whip
    5 eggs separated
    1 container of philadelphis cream cheeze
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    about 3 tablespoons powdered cocao
    2 packages lady finger cookies
    6 (small) cups expresso coffee (or 2 cups strong american coffee
    3 tablespoons rum or rum flavoring
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamen

Directions: Beat egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Beat in cream cheese. Beat in cool whip and cinnamen until the mixture is smooth. Separately whip egg whites until they are firm. Fold beaten egg whites into mixture until mixed.

In a flat bottom bowl combine coffee, rum and about two tablespoons sugar. Dampen the cookies in the coffee mixture and make a layer of soaked cookies covering the bottom of a large casserole dish. Cover the cookies with a layer of the cream mixture. The repeat the process making another layer of cookies and then a final layer of cream. Using a tea strainer sift the powdered cocao and spread it to cover the top of the cake. If desired you may grate flakes of dark chocolate on top. Place in refrigerator for two hours. You may also freeze it and serve it as a frozen dessert.

This is my wife's recipe and it is better than the tira mi su served in restuarants.

• Yorkies2
    10 years ago

I didn't see where the tiramisu cake was cooked. Using uncooked eggs in a dessert isn't a good idea.

• princessnatasha
    10 years ago

Hello,
    I'm new here and hope you don't mind me putting in some input...
    I make an ever so easy cheese cake and its very yummy...

1pct scotched finger biscuits
    can condensed milk
    lg bottle of cream
    1/2 cup lemon juice...

in a lamington tray lay the scotched finger biscuits,

whip the cream add the condensed milk,
    fold in the lemon juice....

put in the fridge over night and its even better if you leave a little longer as the biscuits go softer..

decorate on top with what ever you like I like too use (flake) chocolate and strawberries....

• colleenoz
    10 years ago

Um, how is that a cheesecake?
    And, while the OP's event is long past (a year ago), I'd point out that a tiramisu does not have Philadelphia cream cheese and cool whip in it.

This post was edited by colleenoz on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 13:41

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County