Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Dessert Ideas

Posted by lucky400 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 15:28

I am making dessert for an evening business meeting for work for 9 people. I was thinking of making brownies but thought I'd like to bring something else along as well for variety. Maybe make a small platter of desserts. Does anyone have any ideas. I also thought of cupcakes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Dessert Ideas

May I suggest a "tira mi su" cake? It is easy and delicious.

Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 tub of cool whip
5 eggs separated
1 container of philadelphis cream cheeze
1 1/4 cups sugar
about 3 tablespoons powdered cocao
2 packages lady finger cookies
6 (small) cups expresso coffee (or 2 cups strong american coffee
3 tablespoons rum or rum flavoring
1/2 teaspoon cinnamen

Directions: Beat egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Beat in cream cheese. Beat in cool whip and cinnamen until the mixture is smooth. Separately whip egg whites until they are firm. Fold beaten egg whites into mixture until mixed.

In a flat bottom bowl combine coffee, rum and about two tablespoons sugar. Dampen the cookies in the coffee mixture and make a layer of soaked cookies covering the bottom of a large casserole dish. Cover the cookies with a layer of the cream mixture. The repeat the process making another layer of cookies and then a final layer of cream. Using a tea strainer sift the powdered cocao and spread it to cover the top of the cake. If desired you may grate flakes of dark chocolate on top. Place in refrigerator for two hours. You may also freeze it and serve it as a frozen dessert.

This is my wife's recipe and it is better than the tira mi su served in restuarants.

o

I didn't see where the tiramisu cake was cooked. Using uncooked eggs in a dessert isn't a good idea.

o

Hello,
I'm new here and hope you don't mind me putting in some input...
I make an ever so easy cheese cake and its very yummy...

1pct scotched finger biscuits
can condensed milk
lg bottle of cream
1/2 cup lemon juice...

in a lamington tray lay the scotched finger biscuits,

whip the cream add the condensed milk,
fold in the lemon juice....

put in the fridge over night and its even better if you leave a little longer as the biscuits go softer..

decorate on top with what ever you like I like too use (flake) chocolate and strawberries....

o

Um, how is that a cheesecake?
And, while the OP's event is long past (a year ago), I'd point out that a tiramisu does not have Philadelphia cream cheese and cool whip in it.

This post was edited by colleenoz on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 13:41

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here