Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for Frozen Raspberry Desert Recipe

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 14:27

I got this recipe 40 years ago from a college friend's mom. I made it as a newlywed, but the thing has disappeared! I want to make it again. From what I remember it had layers of sweetened whipped cream, whipped butter (sweetened with powdered sugar?), raspberries, sliced almonds, and I don't know if it had a crumb crust. It was frozen, then you cut into squares, and it tasted wonderful!! Anyone have this recipe?

I think the whipped butter makes it rich and easy to slice. I think............ It tasted good with pineapple also. I'd be open to a nice lemon version! Thanks in advance!
Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for Frozen Raspberry Desert Recipe

Does the recipe below sound similar? It's chilled not frozen & it doesn't have the almonds, though. Click on Layered BC Raspberry Dessert.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raspberry Dessert

o

Thank you! It looks good, and it IS frozen. The butter makes the freezing cut easy, in my opinion. I lost the thing due to fear about weight gain. Now, I am so thin, nothing like that matters. Thank you again. i will try this recipe!!

o

Hope it's the correct one & as good as you remember.

o

Here is the update! I made the recipe with a few changes. My man is diabetic, and I didn't want to load the thing with sugar, so I substituted 1 Cup of Raw Organic Agave Nectar for the 4 C of powdered sugar, and I left out the eggs in the butter mixture. It tasted the same and spread the same. The whole desert was a huge hit with our guests! Delicious!!

If I do it again, I'll mix the berries in with half the whipped cream because they become a layer of ice and are hard to slice if you freeze it. Suspended in whipped cream, I think they would cut easier with no change in flavor.

I'd top the thing with the other half of whip cream, and then some sliced almonds.

You guys should try that recipe! It's deelish!

Thanks!

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here