Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: lemon pie

Posted by Martina_WV (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 25, 04 at 13:10

I made this at Christmas time. I thought it was good but it does have a tarty twang to it:

Lemon Cloud Pie

1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust

1 cup sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed, softened
1 t. grated lemon peel
1/2 cup whipping cream

Topping: 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped

Heat oven to 450*. Prepare pie crust as directed. Bake for 9-11 min. until golden brown. Cool completely.
In medium saucepan, combine sugar & cornstarch; mix well. Stir in water, lemon juce and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. stirring constantly. Boil 1 min. Add cream cheese and lemon peel,stirring until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temp.
In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Spoon filling mixture evenly into cooled baked shell. cover surface with plastic wrap; referigerate for at least 6 hrs or overnight. Spoon whipped cream over filling. Garnish as desired. Store in fridge. 8 servings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: lemon pie

Well, it sure sounds good! Maybe the lemons you had were just extra tart but you could always add a bit more sugar. I'm saving this one. Lemon desserts are my favorite. The cream cheese in the filling sounds great! Thanks!

o

I bet the cream cheese makes it extra creamy. Will have to try this one too.
Thanx.
RL`

o

This really sounds good will have to save it and make it latter.
Ilene

o

I tried this recipe,and for me it's a keeper.
I love the tangy tart lemon flavor.
I think I'll try another one using lime juice.

I'm wondering what would happen if I tried using
kool-aid,and enough water to make the 1/3cup instead of lemon juice.
Sure would make some pretty colors for Easter.
I think I'll give it a try.Not a lot invested even if it does'nt turn out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here