Sat, Jan 10, 04 at 11:41

This is a good way to use excess Clementines:

SANGRIA SUNDAES

1/ 2 cup dry red wine
3 Tbs. orange marmalade
1/ 2 tsp. lime juice
2 clementines or tangerines, peeled, segmented and cut in half
Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt

In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 2 Tbs. Add marmalade, stir, and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and fruit. Let cool slightly. At serving time, scoop ice cream into serving dishes and spoon the reserved sauce over top. Note: Also good over peach ice cream

Do you use Clementines in any desserts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Sangria Sundaes

What a nice sounding topping, Ruthanna. I used to make these up in Sint Maarten so we could have them ready for lunch guests. From C. Claiborne:
TANGERINES EN SURPRISE (serves 6)
10-12 tangerines
2 cups water
1 cup + 2 TBL sugar
2 TBL corn syrup
2 TBL grated tangerine peel
2 TBL lemon juice
2 egg whites
Fresh mint sprigs

Cut the tops off 6 of the tangerines. With a spoon, gently scoop out the fruit sections. Reserve the shells & tops.
Remove the seeds from teh sections & extract the juice by pressing the sections in a potato ricer.. Use enough additional tangerine sections to make 2 cups of juice.
Combine the water, 1 cup of the sugar & the corn syrup & boil briskly 5 minuts. Add the grated tangerine peel & cool.
Add the tangerine & lemon juices to the syrup mixture. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve & pour into a shallow pan. Freeze until mushy.
When the ice is partly set, beat the egg whites with 2 TBL sugar until stiff. Fold into the ice & continue to freeze until the ice is solid.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill heach tangerine shell with 2 scoops of the ice. Cover each with a tangerine top. Assemble in a pan, wrap with foil & return to the freezer until ready to serve. Garnish each with a sprig of mint before serving.~~

o

These both sound sooooo good. Rather than chocolate or baked goods, I lean toward fruity desserts. And ice cream, of course. I'll put these in my Life After Atkins file.

Teri

o

You can't have fruit with Atkins???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here