Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: recipe: sweet potato soup

Posted by Lori316 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 05 at 11:31

Somebody asked that I post this. When I first made this soup, I thought it was just ok. My husband and everybody else who tried it thought it was great. Then I tried it the next day and I liked it too and I'm making it again this weekend. I guess it just needed that magic flavor gainer that some foods get overnight in the fridge ;). Easy recipe, and the cashews add something "different".

4 Sweet Potatoes
8 Cups water
1/3 Cup of butter
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tbs heavy cream
2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash thyme
1 cup cashews, split in half

1) Preheat oven to 375, bake potatoes 55 minutes. Cool, peel, & mash until almost smooth.

2) Pour into large saucepan, add remaining ingredients, stir.

3) Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 50-60 minutes. Cashews should be soft.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: recipe: sweet potato soup

I served sweet potato soup, as a started, for Christmas dinner. I didn't make it, bought it from our new Fresh Market and it was very good.

o
RE: recipe: recipe: sweet potato soup

Ooops, I just realized I put this in the wrong spot. Should have been the regular RE, not desserts. Well, it's sweet, so...

Sorry...

o
update

The one I served was not spicey sweet, but savory. I added a dollop of sour cream for a topping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here