Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Coffee Cake

Posted by dishesdone (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 9, 05 at 10:18

My friend made this the other day. Came out so good, I asked for the recipe. I'm going to make it later today. Looking at the ingredients, the coconut surprised me, I couldn't taste it!

COFFEE CAKE

TOPPING:
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut

CAKE:
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (unsalted)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
2 cups sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla

FOR TOPPING: Combine all ingredients and set aside

FOR CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9 X 13" pan.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Cream
butter with sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients until just blended. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with topping. Swirl knife through topping and batter. Bake until tester comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Coffee Cake

Carol, I like the addition of coconut in the topping. Thanks for posting this - I've copied the recipe down to try soon. Thanks!

Lori

o

I love coffee cake & like finding new ones to try. Thanks!

o

It came out really good (surprising since I'm a pretty lousy baker!) and it was easy enough for me! I used pecans instead of walnuts.

Here is a link that might be useful: piece of cake!

o

Carol, it looks and sounds delicious. I love coffeecake. (I usually try to hideout over on this forum because everybody knows I don't like desserts or sweets :-)

o

it's really good, Woodie! I'm having a piece right now with a cup of coffee. That's my kind of breakfast!

o

Looks nice & moist--just what I was looking for to add to "goodies" for the Firemen to sell at their Bingo games---easy to make--good shape to cut into serving pieces that will hold up being wrapped in plastic and LOOKS as if it's worth spending 50 cents for a piece! Thanks Carol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here