Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_tx

RECIPE: Pecan Cobbler.......Need It !!!

Annie_TX
19 years ago

Can anyone here help me locate a recipe for Pecan Cobbler?

I just ate some at a local restaurant (Mom & Pop type). They had this delicious Pecan Cobbler!

TIA,

Annie

Comments (11)

• ginger_st_thomas
    19 years ago

Here's one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pecan Cobbler

• ginger_st_thomas
    19 years ago

Here's another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pecan Cobbler

• Annie_TX
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks , Ginger.
    I'm heading over to check out these recipes.

• Annie_TX
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well, what we learn from recipes!! LOL

That first recipe turned out to be only pecan praline with biscuits . So I used the filling recipe from the second recipe site and poured over the first recipe. Baked about 40mins.
    Then it turned out to be more like a cobbler.

I reviewed the recipe on that first site and told them they had ingredients missing!!! LOL

Anyway, I salvaged my pecans to where we have a great dessert to nibble on all week. However, pecan pie/cobbler has never been one that I truly like. They just seem to be way too sweet for me ( didn't know that could happen) LOL

Now, I think I have gotten enough from this experience to make what I'm calling a Pecan Cobbler. LOL

THanks for your help.

• msazadi
    19 years ago

Annie, would you like to share your final version? I know if I ask I can get a southern friend to supply me with pecans. That could be an easter treat for us.

• marilyn_c
    19 years ago

Annie...I see you are from Texas too. Was wondering if by some remote chance you may be talking about the Buttermilk Pecan Cobbler at Joe's in Alvin, TX? That is sooo good. I
    get one for myself every year for my birthday...and have been known to get another one any time I think I need to "reward" myself for something. (Yeah...food rewards...bad...but this pecan cobbler is sooo good!) ;)

• southerngirl1949_yahoo_com
    18 years ago

We just moved to Alba TX a month ago and it seems that every restaurant here serves Pecan Cobbler! Although it is extremely sweet, I would REALLY love to get the recipe. Can anyone help????? Thanks.

• roselin32
    18 years ago

Mandy, I am in TX too but haven't seen pecan cobbler on a menu here. Last night we went to a restaurant for dinner and ordered pecan pie for dessert-it seemed to have a cakelike crust and was served warm. Interesting but not like the pecan pie I make.

• ktuck
    17 years ago

Keep in mind, that I have just stumbled across this recipe on-line and have not tried making it or tasting it myself. I, like many of you just tasted it for the first time in a mom-n-pop type resturaunt and I absolutely loved it! Good luck and wish me luck in making this recipe. I hope it turns out as good as what I tasted the other day!
    ~Kim

Pecan Cobbler
    This recipe is a high in fats and has loads of calories.
    Recipe From : www.cookingindex.com
    Serving Size : About 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients
    3 c flour
    1 c butter
    1/2-3/4 c cream
    3 c pecans
    1 t cinnamon
    1 c sugar
    1/2 c water
    1 T baking powder
    1 t salt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the water to a boil. Add the sugar, and cook to the soft-ball stage. Remove from the heat, and beat in 1/2 c butter, then 1 c flour, and the cinnamon. Mix in the pecans, and spread in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the remaining flour into the remaining butter until it is very granular. Add the baking powder and salt, and mix in by tossing. Using a fork, mix in the cream, a little at a time until the mixture is just shy of pourable. DO NOT OVERMIX. Spread across the pecans. [I find that the best method is to drop spoonfulls onto the pecans, filling in the holes as I go.] Immediately place in oven, after 15 min, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 min [approx], until filling bubbles up.

• eliztriche_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

My husband ate a pecan cobbler and loved it. Lady that made it no longer works where he ate it. Please send me
    the recipe so that I can make it for him. Maybe it will be like the one he ate.

• nanafran41_aol_com
    12 years ago

pelese send me the recipe . My Friend from Piedmont called me and ask me to look it up on the computer , I found several , but yours seem to be very easy to make , thank you

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!