Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Christmas lights outside without an outdoor outlet?

How do you do Christmas lights outside when you donÂt have an outdoor outlet? Some of our neighbors screw a socket with outlet into their porch lights but ours is enclosed and there is no room. We could run a really long cord from an outlet in the garage, which is all the way inside by the inside door, run along the inside garage wall around the cars, but when it finally came outside that would mean crossing the walk with it, which is a trip hazard. To not cross the walk would mean a long detour and running it along the front porch under the sill. If I ran one through the window I could not shut it all the wayÂI tried that already.

In years past I just did non-lighted wreaths over the porch lights and outlined a few windows from the inside, but now neighbors on either side have really decorated, and our house stands out for being so dark. I donÂt want to compete, just not look like the Grinch lives here.

I donÂt want to go all out, just set up 3 spiral trees in front. Though I would love a pair of lighted topiaries flanking the front door.

And what do people do about water or snow getting into the power cord outlet?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting