Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have heat lamps in your bathroom? Are they unattractive?

Posted by genab55 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 23:21

I'm remodeling my master bath and I'm considering using heat lamp/exhaust fans but want wondering if they are tacky looking. Would love to see some pics if anyone has used them and can post pictures.

I had ordered a Panasonic Whisperwarm heater/vent but found out that the wiring wouldn't support it. The lamps take less amps so it would be a good alternative...if they are not too unattractive...any thoughts or pics you could share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have heat lamps in your bathroom? Are they unattractiv

I had one before I remodeled, and you can just barely see it in the upper right of this photo. It was a two-light model: one was a bulb that was kind of like a high hat, and the other was the same size bulb but a reflective heat lamp. You can buy non-red reflective heat lamp bulbs, too, so don't forget that (although it may seem obvious).

Photobucket

It was kind of like this, too, but the bulbs didn't stick out as much. http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images/prod/5/Broan-NuTone-9422P-rw-122311-187085.jpg

o

Have you thought of heating the floor instead?

o

You can see ours in the upper left corner. Like Kevin says it fits in like a high hat and doesn't stick out at all. It is quite warm but you do need to turn it on ahead of time. The other alternative is the Nutone wall heater. I love love ours in the master bath. I turn it on about 5-10 min before I want to get a shower. The huge bathroom/closet area is toasty by then. A lot cheaper than in floor heating..although I would have loved that too :) c

another view

o

I don't have any comments about the appearance of heat lamps, but I do want to say make sure you find one that actually puts out enough heat. As a child, my bathroom had an outstanding heat lamp--you could feel the heat instantly. I LOVED it!

The house we purchased last year, on the other hand, came with a wimpy/worthless lamp/fan product. Neither the lamp nor the fan seems to do very much. Not impressed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here