Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommend dark chocolate / espresso color for my bathroom cabinet

Posted by sonaliagrawal (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 26, 09 at 22:43

I am planning to paint my bathroom SW Latte sort of a color and then paint the bathroom cabinets in a dark chocolate or dark espresso color, but not black. Any recs for paint colors? Pics would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommend dark chocolate / espresso color for my bathroom cab

Yup :) Sherwin williams paint is my favorite. I used their "Woodsey Brown" originally for a nice dark chocolate...I'd say a rich warm milk chocolate on the dark side...then I discovered the best chocolate paint on earth...have them mix you woodsey brown and then mix (they'll do it) an equal amount of woodsey brown with black. You get a very dark and rich TRUE dark chocolate color. Here are a few pics (all of my trim is done in this mix):
(yes the door needs another coat of paint):

Most of those are mid construction photo's so they're a bit messy, but you can see the color in different lights. It's gorgeous with soft tan tones (I have it with parchment on my ceilings) and it's in my chocolate and latte master bath as well :)

o

BM Bittersweet Chocolate has been a favorite here. I've done 2 of my bathrooms with it.

o

I used a Kilz brand paint from Walmart called Black Tea, that was a very nice deep dark almost black brown. I recommended it to a friend and it worked well for her also.

o

I used behr's espresso bean on my bathroom cab. It is exactly the color of a dPhotobucketark roast coffee bean. It is part of their new line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here