Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mianyc_gw

Placing of clip rings to hang pinch pleat drapes???

mianyc
16 years ago

I just bought some pinch pleat drapes to hang in my dining room. I'm not quite sure how to place the clip rings on the drapes. Anyone know???

Comments (8)

• dragonfly_
    16 years ago

I used ring hooks for mine. I have the link posted below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ring Hooks

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

I agree--you should use a loop ring--not a clip ring. The sales lady at JCP showed me that you just need to slide the clip off the ring and then you can use them like a loop ring. I do know you will need to place them higer up--not sure how high though.

• fivefootzero
    16 years ago

Here are mine...I just hung them last week. And on the JCP website they do show pinch pleats with clip rings...so it's not unheard of.

I placed my clips behind the pleat.

{{!gwi}}

• dragonfly_
    16 years ago

Fivefootzero,Your curtains appear to be an unlined lightweight fabric so the clips would work well in that case. If you have curtain/valance lined with a heavier fabric I do not know if the clips will hold. My valance is lined which makes the fabric a bit heavier. I also needed hook rings for the pinch pleat hooks to hang.
    Mianyc, Now you have two options to choose from.

• fivefootzero
    16 years ago

Nope, they are lined and have weights at the bottom. They are the antique satin from JCP.

• mianyc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They are shown in Linen's - n- Things (where I got them) with clip rings and on the packaging. I also saw them on the JCP website with the clip rings. I just bought another set for the second panel. They come in sets of 7!!? I think I need to iron them and then they should hang right. I'll let you know with pics soon...dining room is almost complete. ;) Just have to get rid of a horrible chandelier from previous owner!!!

• les917
    16 years ago

You are right - I went to the JCP website, and some of their pinch-pleated drapery are hung from clip rings.

I find that so odd - a very casual way of hanging a more formal style of drapery treatment, especially to have the clips showing on the ends. Personally, I don't care for seeing the clips and chain behind the pleats, but that is just me.

If you zoom in on a few of those pix on the JCP website, you should be able to see how they have attached the clips. They come in sets of 7 because there is a standard number of pleats per panel for ready-mades.