Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom almost done... Stuck on countertop

Posted by zoey75 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 22:21

Our bathroom remodel is almost done and I really need to pick out a countertop ASAP. I wanted marble but with two kids it just is not a smart choice. Would love some granite suggestions to go with my vanity and tile ( I attached a pic). Thank you do much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom almost done... Stuck on countertop

Picture of bathroom progress

o

I would take a door/drawer from your vanity and a tile sample and start going around to the granite places/stone yards in your area and see what strikes you and what looks good with what you have. Be sure to go through their remnant pile...that'd probably all you need and it will be a lot less.

o

You might look at Dreamy Marfil Caesar stone... a little darker than crema marfil marble, but a similar vibe and much more durable.

Other quartz mnfctrs have similar products too that are worthwhile looking at...LG, Dupont Zodiac, Silestone...

o

Taj Mahal?

o

For a kid's bath, I would test samples with substances that will likely sit on the counter for a while like blue toothpaste, mouthwash, pink or purple cough syrup, makeup (and maybe just in the old days, things like watercolors!)... and how you can get them out. There are many threads here about both engineered and real stone staining.

o

Zoey, take your cellphone photos in landscape mode with the bottom of your camera to your right. You will never have orientation issues. :)

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Thank you all. Taj Mahal looks like a winner!! And love the yard, so bad with getting my pics upright,lol..thanks again!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here