Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Calling Cyn427

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

Cyn, just a quick heads up. Artful Home is offering free shipping through December 18th. Now would be a good time to get the Kinzig lamp. The shipping on mine was $49 so free is a great deal!

Comments (7)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

You are just too cute, Holly! I am taking tomorrow off (DH and I are huge fans of JRR Tolkien and we have gone to all the Jackson films on opening morning-tomorrow is the end) and thought I would run by our florist who had one two months ago that I loved. If it is still there, I will get it (meant to be, right?). If not, I will check out Artful Home again. The one at the florist is/was just perfect. We'll see and I will check in tomorrow afternoon to let you know. Thanks! You're an angel! ðÂÂÂ

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You are very welcome Cyn. I am excited for you. I am a huge Tolkien fan also though believe it or not I haven't seen any of the movies. I have a set of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy to give to my DGS this Christmas. He is eight years old but he is very bright and will easily be able to read them. Peke from the kitchen forum has an oven she calls "My Precious".

I will be anxious to see if you get the lamp from the florists or the Kinzig lamp. I am sure either will be beautiful. I was so pleased to see the free shipping, I thought of you right away. I would love to have another Kinzig lamp at some point.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

The lamp at the florist is a Kinzig! That was such a surprise when I saw it. Should have snapped it up when I first saw it.

As far as the movies, we enjoyed the three Lord of the Rings movies more than The Hobbit ones. I felt as though he captured the essence of the LOTR better even though not quite true to everything in the books. Too much straying from the books in these last ones. Still, they are fun. The books are just impossible to do justice to, I think.

This post was edited by cyn427 on Tue, Dec 16, 14 at 19:47

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Exactly! The books were so magical and I feel that my imagination makes them more interesting than a movie set can probably pull off. I read them many years ago and wish that my DGS and I could read them together but I don't see him often enough to do that because if he is anything like I was his nose will be buried until he finishes them.

What Kinzig lamp is it Cyn? I am so excited for you! I just love the Lucia with my chairs. I would like to buy two custom lampshades to use on my crystal bedroom lamps but I doubt if they would sell just the shades.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay, it is the Chloe Jane, I think. I went in and it is still there, but in my mind, I had dropped the price by almost $200. I am going to think about this week. It is still less expensive than Artful Home and it is beautiful. One of those things that would make my heart sing. Sigh. Seems sort of self-indulgent. Still, ...

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is indulgent but I'm not sorry I bought mine, and even though indulgent it is a useful item. Geesh it is so easy for me to justify my purchases. I swear I have to tighten my belt in the new year. Hmmmmmm, I still have two weeks before I mend my ways. I can do a lot of damage in two weeks.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

My thoughts exactly. ðÂÂÂ