Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Can y'all stand one more holiday decor thread?

nhb22
9 years ago

Sorry, it's not the White House, but wanted to share with you the beautiful d�cor from our neighborhood CC. We went down to dinner last night and I was magically transformed. I was more interested in taking photos than I was eating! Wish I had taken more...especially of the outside.

Inside

This tree looked like it was cut straight out of the wild. I have never seen such an enchanted tree. Branches of all lengths and sizes. Grapevine wound around and throughout. Ornaments and fruits placed here and there. Made you want to step inside the tree!

Floor lanterns (my favorite!)

Wreaths down hallways (there were two hallways decorated like this)

Welcome table in reception foyer

Outside

Windows outside of golf shop wing

Lantern on front steps

Not sure what to call this, but it was gorgeous! The camera does not do it justice. I think I was too close to the subject.

Outdoor favorite (grapevine balls hanging in all the grounds trees.) I wish I had taken a wide angle shot of the clubhouse fa�ade. Twinkling lights everywhere!

All the above done by the landscaper for the neighborhoods common grounds.

Hope you enjoyed!

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 21:42

Comments (13)

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I can stand it, it's fantastic. Lots of imagination went in to those creations. Ty for the photos.

• sameboat
    9 years ago

That is just spectacular. I love it all. Wow!

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

I agree - it all looks magical! They must have some spectacular grounds where you live. Which leads me to.....

....I've been meaning to email you but have been rather busy with our move to NC, settling in and guests - and just noticed that you don't have the email option through GW. We plan to explore during this next year before we commit to buying land or house. Pretty sure I'm remembering right that you live within the corridor we're considering and had made a suggestion to me about it long ago. That's you, right? Sorry if my memory is foggy and it's not you! I don't want to make all my questions (and your responses) public so if you're willing to email that would be lovely and if not I understand.

Deb

This post was edited by dlm2000 on Mon, Dec 15, 14 at 15:12

• nhb22
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Deb - Yes, that was me in TN. Sending you an email!

yayagal - The landscaper does have quite a bit of creativity. He also helped us with our pergola/patio addition. His ideas were a little more elaborate than what we wanted, but we worked together to create a happy medium. One thing that he did add, was a special place that I could sit with my grandchildren (I am a Yaya and currently only have a grandson.) and look out at the views. My grandson loves it! When he comes to visit this weekend, his friend Fred (Elf on the Shelf) will be waiting on this bench.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I can just picture you waiting for your grandson, there's no better feeling than being a grandparent. It's like falling in love but better.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I never tire of viewing holiday decorating threads so keep on posting. Someone in your community is obviously talented and enjoys decorating. The public spaces do look enchanted and I love the lanterns.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

That tree is truly stunning! Thanks for sharing your photos :)

• Mmmbeeer
    9 years ago

I can--love these pics! The holiday threads are fun! So many different styles!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Another who definitely can stand it. Thank you for sharing these pics. I love that tree, and those lanterns. Everything is just gorgeous!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL Glad I could share, then. :)

I am going to another CC tonight for a Christmas business dinner, in a nearby town. If I remember correctly from last year, the décor was also outstanding. I will try to take some photos.

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Lovely! And, you've given me an idea to use with my own lanterns. Thanks for sharing.
    Lynn

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

So beautiful! Wow!! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed looking at these beautiful decorations for Christmas. Lovely place!

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

I bought two new garlands this year for the chandelier, have lots of bling. Also used the matching candle rings to hang on the side medallions. I knew they had lights that ran on batteries, but I really didn't think I'd turn them on because 1) didn't want to get the tall ladder out each time and move furniture to turn them on and off. Then some time later I was reading the packaging and here they have timers! But I still didn't think I'd put the batteries in - until today. I climbed up there and, hey, it looked pretty cool. So at 9pm tonight I moved furniture and climbed and put the garlands on timer. Now when I turn the Xmas tree and other lights, plus the chandelier, off for the night at 11:30p the garland will stay lit most of the night. Not very good pics but I never could take a nice photo of my lit tree either at night.

{{gwi:2142498}}

{{gwi:2142499}}

{{gwi:2142500}}

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County