Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
francoise47

The drapes are hung

francoise47
10 years ago

Hi All,

Inspired by Kellienoelle's post today of her newly installed runner, I decided I should post a few pictures of my recently installed dining room drapes that many of you helped me with in November. I always enjoy seeing how these GW project turn out.

Thanks for all your help deciding on whether or not to line the drapes (I did) and the kind of pleats (I selected tailored pleats). Buying custom drapes was a big deal for me and I appreciated all your advice.

My goal with the new patterned white linen drapes lighten up and pretty up the room. I think the main thing I still want to do with this room is the install a radiator cover, perhaps painted the same color as the walls or crown molding. If anyone has other suggestions for the room, feel free to share them.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (26)

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

I like the tone-on-tone subtlety and the pattern relationship to the light fixture.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Very nice. I like the color and pattern. Lining them was a good choice too.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Ohhhh, pretty! You have such pretty woodwork, but I love the way that the window treatments softens them up. I love the pattern on them. Do you mind if I asked where you ordered them from? Was it local?

Thanks for sharing. And yes, please everybody post your finished products!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Nicely done. And they don't look like something i have seen a million times before, which is a real plus!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

They turned out beautifully. Your woodwork is so lovely as well.

• francoise47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! The fabric is Robert Allen "Winding Leaves" in lapis. Hopefully I won't start seeing the fabric everywhere. That is a concern because I did purchased them through the big window treatment retailer, The Shade Store. I probably could have gotten them made a bit cheaper through a local seamstress or another online company. But we've ordered from The Shade Store before and have been very pleased with their work and customer service. Hats off to the super helpful staff in the SoHo/NYC store.

• bpath
    10 years ago

Dining rooms have a lot of straight lines and angles, and your pretty curtains bring out the curves and twists of the candlesticks, the chandelier, the display cabinet, and that lovely little lamp on top of it :) So nice!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Very pretty dining room. You're new drapes are so fresh looking. Love your crown molding, light fixture and glass display cabinet. Is your chandelier an antique?

• User
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful ! As others said the figuring in the material really sets a lovely compliment to the lines in the room. A radiator cover would be perfect. I bet if you Google Images you will see a lot of nice ideas. Lovely home ! c

• arlosmom
    10 years ago

Oooh, those are pretty!

• daisychain01
    10 years ago

LOve the drapes and love the room. We are always talking about finding a style that is timeless on this forum and your room feels like that to me. It is true to the age of your home, but bright and fresh and the drapes make it a little bit modern. Love what you've done.

• User
    10 years ago

Very appropriate,to your setting, and the fabric looks wonderful with your light fixture. Great job!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Very nice! Good choice of fabric.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

With the drapes the room looks both modern and classic - and works. Really like the chandelier too.

• jlj48
    10 years ago

VERY Pretty!

• sas95
    10 years ago

I love them. They really pull the room together.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Very nicely done! Thanks for coming back and sharing. It's always wonderful to see the finished product.
    I love your whole dining room, and think the choice of fabric and treatment is perfect.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Nicely done!

Tell us about the lovely chandelier. Is it dressed up for Christmas or does it always have the bling on it?

• victoria_g
    10 years ago

I LOVE the fabric choice and your entire room looks chic. It could be in a magazine to be honest. Maybe I am not on top of all the latest trends but I think your radiator looks fine the way it is. It feels like a charming cozy room.

• Janice742
    10 years ago

Very pretty - perfect length too!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness your dining room is so lovely. The drapes are perfect there and your chandelier is one of the prettiest I've seen.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

Very nice!

ML

• francoise47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi fellow Gardenwebbers --

Thanks for all your affirmation -- glad you like the drapes and the room. What I love about your insights is that you've given me the language to understand why the drapes work in the room. I hadn't even noticed the way the shape of the trellis in the drapes reinforces the shape of the chandelier, little lamp, rug, etc. Thanks for your observations. You've helped me better understand the elements of design.

We bought the chandelier a second hand store in Red Bank, NJ about a decade ago. ( Alas, the store, like so many antique/second hand stores in NJ, has gone out of business.)
    A few years ago we decorated it with the blue and silver balls for Christmas and liked them so well we leave them up year round. Everything else in the room (except for the Crate and Barrel chairs) is second hand from or local antique stores. We'd love to have more interesting chairs. But these are the only ones we've found that our cats don't destroy. And the "grigio" finish helps break up all the orange tone woods in the room.

About a decade ago I painted the room BM Montgomery White. It looked buttery pretty during the day, but turned a sickly orange/yellow at night. I recently repainted the room F&B Strong White -- in my opinion a beautiful cool color that plays well with the dark, warm woodwork.

Thanks!

• theclose
    10 years ago

Francoise, they are gorgeous!! I, too, have the top pinch pleat or French pleat or tailored pleat, that you have. I just love the way they hang. Your fabric looks great in your room. And I just love your chandelier!!

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

How lovely! The drapes are beautiful and the whole room looks great. Thank you for sharing.