Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would love to see pictures of Monroe Bisque

Posted by sis2two (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 21:08

If anyone has any rooms painted in Benjamin Moore's Monroe Bisque, would you mind posting them? If any of you have kitchens with white cabinets and have the Monroe Bisque, that would be great too. Thanks so much in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would love to see pictures of Monroe Bisque

I do! The kitchen in our old house was Monroe Bisque and we had white cabinets. Be prepared...it's a teeny kitchen. :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thanks Geokid! I actually thought Monroe Bisque had more of a yellow look to it. That's why it always helps to see pictures of how it looks in a room. Thanks for sharing.

o

Sis, I was surprised at these pictures too. This is one of the colors on my list that I am saving for future ference. A few years back someone posted her home with this color and I too thought it has gold undertones. The above has a pink undertone on my monitor.
So, don't write it off just yet. Lighting has a lot to do with color as you know.
Another beautiful home is rtwilliams, she used SWKhaki on her open, with lots of natural light, floorplan.

o

You're welcome. It definitely had pink undertones most of the time. Sometime in the right light it tended towards more khaki-ish.

When we moved in, the large bank of cabinets was painted Monroe Bisque with the panels of the doors painted an orange red. The walls were a muddy mauve. It was hideous. We decided to touch up the paint on the cabinets and change the wall color to match. The cabinets were well painted, we only had to paint over the red panels.

You can see more pictures here. It was all finished just in time to sell. Isn't that usually how it goes? :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Monroe Bisque Kitchen

o

ellendi- I have been looking at this color and Powell Buff for my kitchen. My cabinets will be an Antique White and I am thinking the Powell Buff may be what I'm looking for. If anyone has that color, I'd love to see it. I currently have a deep terra-cotta color and want to lighten up this go round.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here