Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drcindy1

online source for double curtain rod

drcindy
10 years ago

Hi everyone-

I'm redoing my window coverings for my large picture window in the living room. The window measures about 104" across. I'd like to get a double curtain rod, so I can hang sheers underneath to cover the entire window, and then have silk panels on the sides. I'm having troubles finding the rods online. I need something substantial, since I have high ceilings, so I'd like the outer rod (for the panels) to be a good 1 1/2-2" wide diameter, and for the inner rod for the sheers to be much narrower. What I'm finding is that for the most part, both rods are the same diameter. When I do see a few with different diameters, they have poor ratings. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? TIA!

Comments (8)

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

I've recently gotten quotes for rods for my new house.
    Antique Drapery Rod Company has an excellent selection, fully functioning traverse rods, double decorative rods, an online consult to help you figure out all of what you need; and I know from experience in the business that their quality is top notch. But be prepared, so are their prices - top notch!
    Antique Drapery Rod

The Finial Company is another one where you'll be able to get whatever you want, and it's high quality stuff. However their website is almost impossible to navigate and get what you want. You need a rep to help you decipher what elements you want, and it's equally as expensive.

I'm assuming you want decorative rods so that you don't have to have a valance or a cornice board. If you're going to have a valance you can use a Kirsch Superfine rod, it's heavy enough to handle the length.

There are lots of other companies out there, I'm just personally familiar with the above companies and know their quality, so feel fairly safe recommending them.

• drcindy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks mlweaving. I don't want to spend a ton on just the rods, so your sources may be out of my budget. And yes, I do NOT want any valances or cornice boards.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Trax & Paris Texas Hardware are both priced lower than The Finial Company. Kirsch is also supposed to be more affordable. I'm looking for rods also, although I don't need sheers for privacy, just protection from sunlight, so I am considering window film.

• ratherbesewing
    10 years ago

JC Penny's has a few in their online catalog. Sale going on today.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i was going to suggest penney's too-- i looked at their rods online a few weeks ago and know they have ~2" wide double rods, but don't know if their sheers rod is narrow.....

• graywings123
    10 years ago

You should be able to put up two separate rods, with the rod for the sheers slightly below and inside the outer rod. You would need to pay attention to how far the brackets bring out the rods.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

If you are not going to be opening and closing your sheers, you can use 2 seperate rods. The sheers rod (see link for example) can be mounted behind your decorative rod.

ML

Here is a link that might be useful: Inexpensive rod for sheers

• romy718
    10 years ago

Was in Bed Bath & Beyond and picked up a brochure for Cambria Complete. The inside rod on their double rod is a smaller diameter rod than the outside rod. It looks like they have clip rings so I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.