Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
O/T Quick Question Inflatables

Posted by Fun2BHere (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 20:31

We are away from home and need to get a large figure inflated. It's made like a pool toy, but larger and we can't inflate it with our breath. Is there any place like a sporting goods store or something that would have the equipment and be willing to inflate this for us? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: O/T Quick Question Inflatables

Maybe a bike shop?

o

Don't lots of gas stations or carwashes have a free air pump?

o

There are pumps on small compressors that should work-- I'd think you'd get one at a sporting goods store or Walmart/Target. A manual bike pump will take much longer (and isn't a whole lot more efficient than blowing) but should work eventually. I'd be concerned/cautious about a gas station air pump.. but that's what I'd use based on convenience and cost.

o

How about a store where they sell balloons? Of course you don't want it filled with helium, but they may have something for non helium balloons....

o

There are compressors for water toys, like tubes that are pulled behind boats. There are also foot pumps for things like rafts. What will fit may depend on the valve. Is it like pool tube? Or a bicycle? There are also compressors for inflatable mattresses, but I'm not certain what kind of valve those have. And of course compressors for air tools, but that's probably a little beyond the price you want to spend.

o

Look for something like this at Target/etc. Maybe even toys r us if you would dare go near any of those stores right now.

This one uses a cig. lighter. They also have ac ones

Here is a link that might be useful: pump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here