Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

Could I get some help coordinating bedding?

sis2two
10 years ago

I am wanting to change up my bedding and will be purchasing the Pottery Barn porcelain blue matine toile bedding. Haven't decided on whether I want the quilt or duvet cover for my new king bed. I am wondering if some of you could help me find shams that would coordinate with that particular bedding. I know that I could always get matching shams but I'm thinking I'd rather mix it up. I would also love help with throw pillows too. Thank you so much!

Comments (12)

• juliekcmo
    10 years ago

What size shams do you want? Euro, standard, or King?

Will you use a solid anywhere (bedskirt, blanket, etc?) and will that be white, linen, ivory?

• sis2two
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Either 2 king shams or 3 euros. Won't be using a bedskirt on my four poster
    bed. I am totally up for any suggestions. I love the layered look. Right now I have white matelasse and shams on my bed with a white down comforter. Kind of wanting pattern and a cozier look. Would love to hear ideas.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Maybe a combination of shams with some in the toile and some in a striped cover? I have always liked that toile and have periodically considered getting the draperies. I hope you will post pictures!

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

I've seen that toile bedding in PB storeâ¦one of my favorites. I could see some yellow or red or even some black with it. Also would be beautiful with cream shams. What color are your walls?

• sis2two
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My walls are Palladian blue by BM.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My bed and nightstands are black and want to know if you would continue with the porcelain blue or consider the black toile matine bedding. Just a thought.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Is this the bedding?

• romy718
    10 years ago

I love Euro shams and with 3 shams you could do two solid & one print or two print & one solid. I like to put two standard shams in front of the Euros and then a smaller decorative pillow. Ebay has over 300 porcelain blue bedding items for sale, many of them shams.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie- that is the bedding. Thanks for posting it for me.

• justretired
    10 years ago

Hi Sis

I have that bedding and purchased the pick-stitch quilt and one sham also in the porcelain blue. I also have two shams in the toile.

I place the 2 toile shams against my nighttime pillows and put the solid sham centered in front of them. I have the quilt folded at the foot of the bed. I love this bedding but I will warn you that it is very heavy! I cannot sleep under it as I feel I am being squished:)

I should add that in the winter I replace the toile comforter with a white down comforter but leave the shams and quilt for a bit of color. I have a queen bed and found the euros too large but probably that is just me. I do like the look of them and the color suggestions you have received.

Good luck with your project.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    10 years ago

justretired- do you have the quilt or the duvet cover in the toile? If the quilt is heavy, I'm wondering about getting the duvet cover instead. I don't like the hastle of a duvet especially on a king bed. Still mulling it over.

• justretired
    10 years ago

I have the quilt. We remove it from the bed every night. To be honest it is more about looks than function. I have never owned a duvet but might have considered it if I would have realized the weight of the quilt. Whatever you decide you are getting beautiful bedding.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner