Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Please help me find this Robert Allen fabric

breezygirl
9 years ago

I'm close to pulling the trigger on our kitchen booth. DH works for a restaurant supply company so we will have a restaurant booth made with some modifications to make it look more residential and built-in. It will be constructed from the same wood as the cabinets and painted with the same paint in the exact color, trimmed to match the stiles and rails on the cabs. My woodworker, who made the island top, will make a table top for the space out of the same black walnut.

The seat of the booth will be a commercial faux leather in a chocolate brown. DH wants to use the same brown for the back cushion. Thinking it was too much brown on brown on brown (walnut island top, brown leather, brown table top, and brown chairs, I went in search of a fabric for the back cushion. My cousin was over today and suggested I use the fabric with which I recovered my DR chairs. Perfect! Except that the yardage I have left was cut to squares for the DR chair cushions! I looked around the internet today for more fabric, without success.

Could someone out there please identify this fabric for me? I'm guessing that its not sold anymore as the fabric edge says it's from 2010, but it's worth a shot since I love it so much and it would be perfect for the kitchen and the rest of the house. The coral-ish orange is a bit more mellow IRL than shown on the close-up. It's almost exactly the color I'm trying to use as an accent around the house. The chocolate brown would tie in perfectly with the brown leather on the bench seat, and the gray picks up all the gray in my house.

It's 2010 Dwell Studio for Robert Allen. That's all I know.
{{gwi:2142440}}

{{gwi:2142441}}

{{gwi:2142442}}

{{gwi:2142443}}

I'd appreciate any leads you could give me to find more of this fabric! Thank you.

Comments (10)

• bestyears
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dwell Studio Suzani Poppy

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

It doesn't appear to be discontinued, because that is usually indicated on the page for the fabric. However I could not find it through the RA search engine until bestyears found it by name.

Here is a link that might be useful: RA Suzani Poppy

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are amazing!!! Thank you for your help{{gwi:807}}! I searched for quite some time on fabric.com today without luck.

The photos, either online or mine taken by ipad, don't do it justice. It's prettier IRL.

Now the question becomes whether or not it could handle duty as a banquette back cushion as it's listed for "some upholstery". My cousin mentioned some spray you can use to water proof fabrics. I know nothing about it, although I would assume it would stiffen the fabric a bit. Is this a road to pursue? Can anyone shed some light on this process? Or whether I should continue my search for a sunbrella fabric?

All the books I've looked through at DH's office show more commercialized fabrics that don't float my boat so I think I need to search other places. I don't have a good fabric store near me, only Joann's.

ETA: Photo of it on my DR chairs

This post was edited by breezygirl on Mon, Dec 29, 14 at 21:48

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

It should be fine for the back cushion.

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Palimpsest!

DH walked in from work tonight and said NO. He said it was too crazy (visualize wild hand movements), and pushed for the brown leather again. I'm still working to change his mind. :). Once the table is in front, not a lot of the fabric is visible anyway. The kids like it also.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I think the fabric you posted is great. If you end up with it or another fabric you might want to use a product called 303 Fabric Guard to protect the fabric. I used it on my dining chairs and 2 tub chairs. It was easy to apply, and didnt have a real obnoxious smell. The fabric did not get stiff after it was applied.
    Red wine spilled on one of my tub chairs was easily blotted off.

The link below is the manufacturers web site and will give you more info. The product is sold in a variety of places. I purchased it a a local ACE hardware store

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric guard

• Delilah66
    9 years ago

Based on pics of your chairs, the fabric is compatible with gray :)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Don't know about the fabric, but I wanted to say that I LOVE your chairs, including what appears to be an oak press back chair in the background. Those old oak "school chair"type chairs are, IMO, the Best.

• suero
    9 years ago

The fabric goes very well with your cat.

• teacats
    9 years ago

javachik and suero: LOL!!! :)

breezygirl: LOVE the sweet cat on the VERY pretty fabric -- and your kitchen is wonderful!!! :)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!