Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Share your Christmas decorating

Posted by oakleyok (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 19:56

Okay guys, I'm not seeing near enough Christmas decor on any forums outside of the Christmas tree topic. Humor me! I'd love to see more Mantels (remember the contest last year?) and also little vignettes you have done. I love looking at people's Christmas decor so I can get ideas.

Even if you think your decor is goofy, go ahead and show us, because I have an area that is SO bad I may take it down! lol

I'll start with a picture I posted a week or two ago.

I've since moved the table under the wall thanks to someone's suggestion.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Share your Christmas decorating

You'll see a lot of Christmas here.....

Here is a link that might be useful: holiday

o

I go there every day, and not many people post there. Thanks though!

o

I agree. Kitchens and Home Deco get the most traffic and are the most fun!

o

You can't beat this site(this is older, but fancy smancy)! If you click on some of the others you can sometimes get a good laugh, although I really don't think that's the idea. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: christmas decorating..

o

pattycakes ~ What a great site. I suspect I will be there for quite awhile soaking in the beautiful decorating ~~ sigh ~~

o

I love watching this gal!

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011

o

Ellendi, is there decorating on the Kitchens forum? I thought it was more of a technical forum that's why I rarely go there.

Patty, in the first video I started cracking up because it began with a bow on the top of the tree almost exactly like mine! I wonder how much it cost to pay someone to come decorate your house like that? Because you know they didn't do it on their own. lol.

I'll look at the other videos later. But I still want to see more pictures from you guys! :)

o

Here is a link to my album. Haven't edited photos yet so the first three of my house are really dark. The others are bits of my biggest decorating job. I don't naturally do vignettes, but come here and to the Holidays forum to get inspiration. Really helped with that snowman scene on top of my client's TV cabinet (her idea and it came out really cute).

Going to look at the videos. Will say that folks around here pay anywhere from $20 - over $100 per hour to have their homes decorated for Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Decor 2011

o

Y'all might like this gal's decor too. She has some awesome ideas with a few "how-to" directions.

Here is a link that might be useful: More decor

o

I've done very little decorating so far...work has been hectic:( Hoping to make some progress this weekend!

I did a little decorating in our family room last night. Keeping it very simple this year as we won't be here for the holidays. Basically just changed out some of the more 'summery'/white accessories and added some hits of silver.

wall shelves

Photobucket

Family Rm-coffee table

Fireplace cabinet

While digging for decorations, I found this mirrored frame...I just inserted a Christmas card and called it 'Done':)
Photobucket

o

lisa mocha, I love your decorating--the silver, glass and white looks great!

o

Lisa, that is simply gorgeous!

o

Lisa, "stunning" is an understatement! Thanks so much for sharing.

Bleigh, thank you for the links! I'm going to pour over them with my fresh cup of coffee.

As I said earlier, I go to the holiday forum every day, but there aren't that many posters. They're mostly heavy on other holiday tablescapes, but not much Christmas. Which is the only holiday I decorate for.

Okay, it's time for others to post their pictures!!

o

I've pretty much only done my mantel, due to the new kid, Riley! I adopted him from New England Brittany Rescue almost a month after I lost my sweet Joey. Riley looks calm here in his reindeer antlers, but let me tell you, he wants to help me do EVERYTHING.

He is estimated to be between 2 - 4 years old, and started in MO, then to KS, then to NH and finally to Maine. He loves having a brother (Sam) and sister (Jenny) and also is one heck of a cuddler in bed. We're back to Three Dog Nights!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here is the mantel, a compilation of CL, eBay and home made items.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
Bleigh

B, you just gave me a great idea on how to decorate my topiaries by the front door! Right now they only have blue lights on them, but I have red ribbon bows on the pillars.

So now I'm going to see if I have enough red ribbon to put around the trees then put the blue lights back on.

Thank you! This is precisely why I did this topic, so I can learn from others and their creativity!

o

my3dogs, riley is beautiful and noble-looking. I love his pink nose.

Your holiday decorating is gorgeous. '

o

I try to keep our holiday decorating simple and even then it seems like lots of effort for a brief season. Also, similar year-to-year.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 Decorations

o

Here's a little pastel village that I put out this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Village

o

Lisa...oh, just love it!!

my3dogs, that mantle is probably my favorite ever. Those natural elements just make me so happy. Did you use fresh pine?

o

bleigh, I have to confess that I made that garland from faux greenery, many different types. I buy the faux 'branches' and cut them up and wire them, along with cones, mostly from my yard into the garland.

o
RE: Share your Christmasdecorating

I've seen some similar garland and sprays at HL...will have to try and get some this year before they sell out and make up a garland like yours. So pretty...

o

my3dogs...beautiful! Love the garland.
Your Riley is so sweet...love the pic with the antlers. I came across Mocha's (antlers) last night & shed a little tear. Maybe next Christmas, we'll have a new puppy:)

Thanks for nice comments. Keeping everything easy this year! Will get at some other rooms this weekend and finish family room too. We won't do the main tree in the living room though (boo!)..DH insisting we shouldn't bother as we'll be going East to spend with parents.
I need some snow to get me motivated!!

o

m3d, Riley is beautiful! I know it was hard getting a new dog but when I lost my best friend 8 years ago I got a new dog of the same breed a few months later. She filled my broken heart right back to whole!

Can't wait to look at the links above! Must get more coffee. lol.

Bleigh, when I was looking at the blog you sent where I got the topiary idea, I saw something else I'm going to do. The lady had a gift wrapped box on her wall! So tomorrow that's my goal. If it turns out I'll post a picture, but I've got to get dh to get back on the ladder. :)

o
Pictures

Fnmroberts, great decor! I love your ornament tree, I've never seen one like it. I sure had fun decorating mine. And now is the perfect time of the year to use those niches in the wall. The builder was going to put one in for me at the lone corner posted in my picture above but we both forgot all about it! lol

Fun, that village is so pretty you could leave it up all year. I have a baker's rack in my LR which is full of vintage pink glassware, and I added pink Christmas ornaments to it. Yeah, it's kind of out of place i/r/t the other colors but I still like it.

o

So pretty, my3dogs. I'll click on the links later to see more.

I purchased vintage wood sock stretchers, used for drying socks back in the dark ages, and used them for stockings in our great room. I FINALLY finished the house today. Will take pictures tomorrow afternoon to post. Our TV is behind the sliding panels, so I can't get carried away above the mantel.

More pictures here, and a good one of the tree:

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Christmas Mantel

o

Thanks, OakleyOK. Can't wait to see more of your decor. Thanks for starting the thread.

Momof3Dogs, I always love your designs. Did you see the tartan tablecloths and napkins offered by Williams-Sonoma this year? Did I ask you that already? I ran into WS to pick up some gluten-free flour, saw the tartan and blew my budget. I changed my whole planned table setting just to use it.

Allison, those sock stretchers are fantastic!

Lisa, your modern take is so much fun to see. I love the idea of the white contrasting with the wall color.

Bleigh, your use of mesh really adds to the lushness of the tree decor. I love the skinny tree, too.

o

Now that I have awakened from a couch nap, I looked at the links - wow! It's great to see the different tastes and styles. bleigh, your mantle makes mine look puny! I have some silver plate and old ironstone, and tried to use that at first, but it left me cold; I've decided I'm a warm colors girl in the LR. As soon as I put up the Craigslist mirror and lamps I made from barley twist candlesticks, I knew I'd be happy.

Fun, I completely missed the WS tartans! I made that scarf from a square of sample fabric from a furniture store. I cut it in half and then made the long piece and had the trim on hand from years ago, so it was 'free' - my kind of price!

Lisa and Oakley, believe me, I know how sad it is to lose a furry family member. I saw Riley one weekend on Pet finder, and amazingly, he was being fostered in Maine, 110 miles from me. Three days later, his foster mom brought him to see us, and the rest is history. I crated him his first night as he was a 'stranger', but the next night, he jumped in the bed and curled up tight against me, and that was it. He can look very serious, but he's really a goofy boy, and he is truly at home here. The pic is my office chair was taken just hours after he arrived - the kid knows how to make himself comfy. He actually made his own 'garland' one day out of dog toys, and was exhausted after the effort.

Photobucket

o

my3dogs~Riley looks so content and loving his new home:)
(beautiful rug too!)
Allison~I adore your fireplace and the sock stetchers. Your home is so stunning!

I've realized I missed the other side of the fireplace...oops. Here is the other side above the cabinet.
Photobucket

o

I seemed to have lost all of my pics except this one. Not sure what file they all ended up in :o/! My desk top:

Photobucket

o

TTodd, that looks great. So many interesting things to look at. And where did you find the little girl with the wreath? I've never seen anything like it- it's wonderful!

o

Here's a couple of pictures of what mine looked like when I first started. :0)

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

LOL, Betty! I finally got around to picking up the big mess I made while decorating, hauled all the presents to DS's house today, so now we have room to move!

Here's what I did this afternoon. Excuse the shadow of my fingers. I need to learn how to hold a camera!

Photobucket

o

Thank you!

This is the first Christmas in awhile I have been totally into it! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's decorations.

I still don't have anything for the DR table - what are you all doing?

o

TTodd, that is the most beautiful Christmas decor I have ever seen. OMG I am so stealing your ideas.

o
RE: reShare your Christmas decorating

Oakley ok, wrapping the framed photos on the wall is a darn cute idea.

My3dogs --- how did you get that gold piece of ribbon to move so gracefully in your composition? I adore the pheasant. Very Ralph Lauren.

Lisa Mocha -- love the white composition

o

Thanks, mtn! I have two little grandchildren who are just now getting into the magic of Christmas. Wide eyes gazing, it's adorable! So I'm doing a lot of Christmas colors in the house just for them.

What's going to be interesting is to see their reaction to the "presents" on the wall. Today we went to visit them and took them both an early Christmas present. They loved it! So it will be difficult explaining the gifts on the wall. lol

Ttodd, I too want to know where you got the figurine. I can only guess she's an antique. That's why I have a curio cabinet just in case I stumble on what you have. She's darling!

o

Ttodd - I LOVE that entire scene on top of your desk & on your walls.

Lisa - your white with silver is just beautiful. I am so envious that you can put pieces out for display like that. If I did that, everything would be smashed to smithereens (still have preschoolers). Thank you for the eye-candy.

my3dogs - Riley's own garland is too funny & perfect. Your mantle is just lovely!

Betty - lol - a corner of my LR still looks like that!

oakley - the wrapped packages are genius especially for little ones to look at.

I've already posted most of my pics on the Christmas tree thread. Here are a few more:

I'm doing Elf on the Shelf this year with my 3.5 yr olds. Somewhat effective. Tonight the elves, Toodie (the original shelf elf my son insists is a girl & whom my daughter named after her occupational therapist) & Crunchy (the green elf) were riding atop Jingle the Hallmark dog for a trip up to the North Pole to help Santa build toys.

...haven't put up the stockings yet because I know they'll get yanked down

...this is a Filipino Christmas parol. Originally they are handcrafted out of bamboo poles & paper.

Here is an example of a paper parol

I usually start decorating this weekend and get it done within a few days but oakley - your previous threads got me going Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately, I'm STILL not done! It's just the little details that I need to finish. DH says to forget about it because who notices them? ME!!!! I DO!!! Men!.

o

ttodd, I love your bookshelf top with all the greenery tucked and the little lady holding the wreath. I have to be careful tucking, and can't use the greenery like you have due to our cats. :(

Here is the small tree on the island. It's decorated with wooden and paper mache ornaments - several given to us when we married (the day after Christmas) by my aunt and others used on our den tree when the children were growing up.

Kitchy part of my decorating this year - the pitcher and a dozen mugs were painted by a local lady in the early 70s. My dad bought the set for Mom one year. She just recently gave to me, and I know she will enjoy seeing. The three small wooden squares next to feather tree are Christmas games (get the metal ball in the hole) with Santa, a snowman and a reindeer. Kids used to play with them each year. The handprint wreath was made by DS in K, 1991.

Sneaked in a Santa that is holding a basket with a miniature schnauzer. We had one that was my 4th child. This is in the powder room.

I ordered this deer the day after Christmas. Arrived stark white, so I went over with Dark Walnut stain and wiped semi-quickly. Perfect for our neck of the woods.

This shows the deer in relation to the kitchen and great room/tree/FP. This is my view from the kitchen sink.

Foyer table. I'm in the "keep it simple" mindset in places.

Dining room sideboard. Purchased the manger scene years ago at San Francisco Music Box - the one and ONLY time I have gone shopping on Black Friday! Have a shutter and wreath on other side of sideboard. Nothing on table yet - still thinking.

Back hallway, just off kitchen.

Front entrance.

Front veranda. Sorry, not straight - cold outside! Started using my garden topiary wire forms at Christmas for about 12 years now. Love them at night.

Lower level den FP.

Laundry room section of house, next to garage.

Between garage doors. Have two of these (3 doors) but one door was up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Mantel with wood sock forms

o

mtnrdredux, That garland is in a coil when you buy it, and it's about 16 ft long. I just uncoiled it and started it in the middle with it at the top of the mirror and carefully twisted it as I came down each side. I tucked the ends under things on the mantel so it would stay put in the 'twists' that I made. I love your colorphobe table in your post! I was that way this year and had to tone things down to feel comfy.

Photobucket

Allison, that deer is to die for - It's probably no longer available, but do you mind sharing where you got it?

o

Thanks. I ordered from Wisteria during the after Thanksgiving sale. fyi, I did a live chat to ask about the material "magnesia." It's not resin, not plastic feeling. More chalk-like. It's lightweight. Antlers come off for storage. An internet search described it as a resin-like material that can show more detail than resin. I'm very happy with it, but was worried before it arrived.

Love the coil, but my cats would have a field day. :(

Here is a link that might be useful: still on sale!

o

Allison - Wisteria should post your photo setting in their catalog. You have made a mush prettier presentation with the deer.

o

I have gone totally color crazy this Christmas and have been incorporating all kinds of bright, happy colors: bottle green, hot pink, kumquat orange, acid green, deep violet purple, shocking turquoise blue. I absolutely love it! It is so happy and festive and unexpected. I could never go back to the plain old red and green. I have so many different colored glass balls that I fill different bowls and glass containers with them. Very simple and easy to do with a lot of impact. I have never been a pink fan, but I was shocked by how much I love the bright neon magenta color more than anything. I also really love the white ones which look like giant pearls. Most of my ball ornaments come from Hobby Lobby, where you can gets tons of different colors in packs of 6 for like $3. My niece is staying with me a lot lately as her parents are going through a divorce, and she said she wanted pink ornaments. She was the "inspiration" for all the colors.

I do have to say one thing I really hate about my artificial tree is that it is too dense. There aren't enough open spaces for ornaments to hang down, so everything sort of just "sits" on the end of the branches and you can't get that gorgeous layered look. I really wanted a tree like a noble fir with lots of open spaces, but hate dealing with putting on the lights and the mess from the needles and watering. Maybe I'll have to spring for one of those real high quality artificials.

o

Thank you, Newhomebuilder!

Jockewing, your tree is so pretty! DD2 bought ornaments from Hobby Lobby too. I need to show her your tree. She has a small one this year, but I told her she should buy more ornaments while they have them since she will want a bigger one next year.

o

Such gorgeous pictures. Thanks to all for sharing. I am torn in how to decorate and end up with a mish mash. I love Allison's style, which seems more natural, and also jockewings for the vibrant colors. I need two houses. :)

o

I cannot get over all the creativity on this thread!

Allison, that was suppose to say much prettier, not mush. :)

o

Very beautiful everyone!!!

Allison, your home is breathtaking!

o

This isn't really Christmas decorating....it's the photo I took and used to make our Christmas card.
Photobucket

I cropped it from this photo:
7oo pixel

Jovi did a good job posing for the photo so I'm preparing a surprise for her. Shhhh, don't tell!
Photobucket

Oh, I guess I also did hang a wreath on our front door! :-)
Photobucket

o

Not much decorating this year as we have been busy getting an elderly aunt and DH's 92 yr old mother settled into Assisted Living. But, I did find a new slim Christmas tree for our downsized house and I really like it. I probably used 1/3 of the ornaments that I used on the big tree but of course I managed to get all of the ones I love on it. Particulary my 17 Schnauzer ornaments! haha
I have so enjoyed looking at everyone's decorations and hopefully by next year things will be more settled and I can
do some real decorating!
My3dogs and all that have lost a dog this year....we lost one of our beloved Schnauzers this year so my heart goes out to you.
Photobucket

o

Sharing a few of my favorite tree ornaments.

Got this one the first year DH and I got married:

Photobucket

What would a farmer's tree be without a John Deere hat?

Photobucket

Husband is a Star Trek fan.

Photobucket

Gotta have a cowboy boot in Texas.

Photobucket

And a calf wearing a bandana.

Photobucket

o

bettydee, those are so cute! I especially love the first one.

o

I'm loving this thread and all the vibrant and cheery colors!

Don't forget there's a 2011 Christmas tree topic too so you can post pictures of your tree's.

Jock, I have an area where I keep some of my pink depression glass so I added some pink & white ornaments, garlands, and some silver to it. I do like it, but it's just not Christmasy. I like how you have your pinks mixed in with the other colors. I may do that next year.

o

Thanks, Nancy!

o

Oak, I'm sorry you don't seem to be enjoying posting on Holidays Forum...
"They're mostly heavy on other holiday tablescapes, but not much Christmas."
We LOVE Christmas over there and most of us do a lot of decorating for it! Even tho we enjoy all holidays, none can touch this one. Plus we have the Inspiration albums with over 1000 photos for everyone to enjoy and get ideas!
Some of our 'regulars' have had some serious problems this year to deal with, and haven't been posting as much but I wouldn't say "not many people post there" just because we're not a big group like home decorating would be. Holidays forum has a GREAT group of fun, caring people who are more like 'family' on it.

I lurk here often, and especially now to see everyone's decorating... which I am enjoying tremendously.
Happy Holidays everyone,
Karen

o

The wall of stockings (& other out of place stuff you don't notice until you're about to post a photo)
Photobucket
The blurry tree but you can see the Star topper from my DH's childhood & my few decorations
Photobucket
The Eiffel tower hat & scarf
Photobucket

o

Hhireno, I saw those on the Test forum a few hours ago and wondered why you hadn't posted them here, lol. How many are in your family? Love the scarf and hat on the ET!

I thought I posted here, but guess it was on the Kitchen forum.

Everything looks pretty much the same as it did last year.

kitchen window

keeping room tree

back yard

o

Karen, I do enjoy posting on the C&H forum, when it's active. For some reason, not many people go there. Why, I don't know. IMO, the more posters the merrier and I can come away with a lot of ideas.

I know you do the inspiration album, but it takes forever to go through it. I like being able to open a topic like this one and see decorations from the fellow posters, because we can ask questions and get answers.

I'm not a fan of tablescaps and you have to admit that's what's over there 11 months of the year. They're pretty to look at though!

o

For any one here interested in seeing wonderful ideas for Christmas decorating, I've included the link to the Christmas Inspiration album. In spite of Oakleys comment that it "takes forever" to go thru, its set up easy due to the large amount of photos in it. The link opens to all Christmas trees, then there are sub albums for various things like mantels, Villages, wreaths and garlands, etc.
That way you can go right to the subject that interests you and NOT have to hunt for things. To look at the trees takes no longer than to go thru THIS thread, so I'm not sure why Oakley feels it takes "forever".

We also have inspiration albums set up for ALL the holidays. If you like such things, you should check out the albums or the Forum and not be turned off by the negative comments I've seen here.

We aren't a tablescape forum, as she has stated by saying we "do that 11 months of the year." Our main thing is holiday decorating, period. Tablesettings are what we share and play with when there are no holidays. (tho I don't do them myself, I enjoy seeing pretty ones) We are VERY photo obsessed on that Forum and like to share and see things others have done. If a topic doesn't interest someone, they can not open that thread. I'm sure its the same here. BTW, I especially love how easy it ss to see various paint colors categorized. I got good info on 'green rooms' to make a decision on what shade to paint 2 of mine.

Back to lurking, tho again, I've enjoyed all of your Christmas things. I love Christmas and never get enough
of photos.

Happy Holidays,
Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas decor

o

Karen, thanks for the smile.

o

binsd,

the white parol is lovely

Allison - i love the pitcher and mugs. They look great on your sideboard.

o

The stockings are for: my Mum, her 6 kids, 3 spouses and a significant other, and 8 grandkids. We still have my DH's childhood stocking. The rest are a collection of mostly cheap-o stuff. I bought the plain red/white ones for half price at the Dollar store years ago, before I even had a use for them. I assign the 2 giant ones to my 2 nieces - mostly to irritant the nephews.

I get a kick out of the hat & scarf set. It makes me want to go to Paris and have a slice of Buche Noel.

o

The morning light coming through our door was so pretty today, I took this photo. A little underexposed to get the sparkles on the wall:

o

So many fabulous pictures! I keep checking back as I just love Christmas decorations.

jockewing-I'm loving the bright ornaments...particularly the pink & turq. ones:)
allison~ Sigh....again,lol. Your home is just breathtaking!! I love the deer as well.

A few pics from our living room. We have no tree (yet!) here this year, but at least we'll have the real one at my parents house. I've included pic of last year's tree...maybe I'll break down and put it up over next couple of days so we can enjoy before leave for the holidays.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Missing a tree!(last years...)
Photobucket

o

Great stuff, love the poochies...

my stockings, that's it so far...

o

Very nice stockings joann and I love the holders.

o

Oh thanks nancy, my honey just made them, he cut them out of wood.
they clip over the mantle.

o

I just want to thank everyone for sharing. I am hooked on this thread!! You have all given me so many wonderful ideas.

Allison, my heart skips a beat anytime you share pictures of your lovely home but your Christmas pictures are magical.

Deck the Halls........

o

This blog features photos of walls decorated with Snap self stick wall decals.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snap for Christmas

o

Oh, what a wonderful thread! Great idea, Oakley! I enjoyed every single beautiful picture here.

Please folks, feel free to add your holiday photos to the new all-Holiday thread in the Gallery. That way, we should also be able to see them next year as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Decorating Eye Candy

o

Oceanna, glad to see you again! I'll take a look at the pics in a bit.

Natal, I'm not surprised you smile when two posters have differing opinions. Not even the Season stops you, does it? ;)

Here is my desk top that I sloppily slapped together. lol. The picture you see on the wall is from a Christmas card I sent a few years ago. That whole wall is a picture wall filled with a lot of scenery, including some snow pictures. Too pretty to take it down.

Photobucket

o

Was it a difference of opinion or your unwillingness to listen to her explanation? She was very thorough. I would have thought you would have appreciated the effort she made.

o

Thanks, mtnrdredux. I know I said I didn't decorate with red and I haven't in 10+ years.. but decided to use those this year. Will make Mom happy!

Thanks, Boop and Caminnc!

Lisa_Mocha, thank you. Everything is so pretty at your house - do you have pets!?

Thank you, Sidney! That's so sweet!

(I started typing this comment 2.5 hours ago. :-/ )

o

Thanks allison. We did have a dog and everyone always laughed at all the light colors (white in the family room) and our resident Chocolate Lab. She was just so sweet so I allowed her on furniture and whatever else she wanted. (We lost her this summer after 14yrs...miss her dearly and will have another Lab someday...

Mocha just waking from a little snooze...
Photobucket

o

No, to put it bluntly it was your constantly butting in where you don't belong with your sarcastic one liners. You said on the board a couple of years ago that you enjoy when posters fight. Need I say more? No, I won't. Leave me alone, PLEASE.

o

The sky is blue.

o

Lisa, such a sweet picture of Mocha. I know she is missed. We have a black lab and he has the greatest personality.

o

What constitutes *butting in where you don't belong*? Yikes, maybe I just did it!?

o

Good question Lefleur.

Oakley, if something can be condensed into a sentence or a few words that's my choice. I've never been verbose. Sorry that doesn't meet your forum posting criteria. I certainly don't enjoy the confrontational posts you toss my way. Last week it was my gifting habits, this week it's a simple smile at the irony of someone else being in a similar position because they have a different way of doing something. I don't know if it's paranoia on your part or the need for controversy, but it's all so unnecessary.

o

Lefleur, you're fine. Natal knows exactly what I'm talking about. She enjoys making fun of others, mostly me.

And Natal, Karen and I have talked so I'm sure that upsets you, darnit! FTR, I never said anything mean about you not enjoying giving to others at Christmas, I just asked you why, and I also stated if it was too personal of a question to forgive/ignore it. I was being kind to you but well, you're Natal. Thanks a lot for ruining another thread I did!

Don't bother replying, I won't be back to this thread.

The sky is gray. :)

o

You do have issues. Merry Christmas girl!

o

If you are going to decorate your Christmas corner, the traditional way, this tree of life wall hanging can be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree Of Life Wall Hanging

o

Here are a few photos I took this week.

Our tree is full of all kinds of unique ornaments. They are my most prized possession.

The Bar setup for the party

Guest Bath

I just got that cabinet from a friend, not 100% sure I love it in there.

Santa!

I re-arranged this a little since the photo.

The Mantle

I have one other cute vignette that I didn't get a photo of, will work on it if I have time.

Beth P.

o

It's a Country Christmas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chrismas 2011

o

Lovely tree, bethpin!

o

So many pretty homes. I love the decortating individuality. The wheels are spinning in my head for next year already.

TFS

o

It sounds like your DH is an angel! What a wondeful guy. What a great story! I love to see all of the beautiful Christmas decor. Great thread.

o

Hello Everyone, I've been lurking on GW since we put our house on the market in May (it sold in July, yay!) and finally decided to register. I wasn't going to do any Christmas decorating this year. We are waiting on our new house to close and this temp. rental just doesn't feel like home at all so it is hard to get in the spirit. But, I broke down and did a little anyway. Our "tree" is not exactly a typical Christmas tree.

The ornaments are all vintage and all in shades of gold

[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/HeidisCloset/goldornament-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/HeidisCloset/tree-2.jpg[/IMG]

Simple arrangement for the table

[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/HeidisCloset/tablearrangement-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

o

mjjones, clicked on your link and nothing to view.

o

Oops, trying again, sorry had the wrong code copied,
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Cozyfarmhouse, first welcome and glad you unlurked! Especially to show that really creative holiday display. I love it. Although the more is more decorating theme is always fun, your tree especially is different enough and good humored enough to really make me smile. Great job.

I hope you keep sharing as you transition to your new house. If your holiday decor is any indication, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Ann

o

I like your tree. Reminds me of the wire trees my grandmother made back in the 80s. What is yours made with?

I added glass icicles to my tree - borrowed from Mom. Made a big difference. I knew it needed long ornaments but couldn't find any in the stores this year.

o

Thank you Ann! I have lots of ideas for the new house, hopefully I'll have more to share very soon.

Allison, the tree is an outdoor tree from Frontgate that is intended to be placed in an urn as entry decor. It's wrapped wire, pretty flexible and reminds me of a feather tree without the feathers.

I was looking for glass icicles when I happened across the vintage German coiled gold wire icicles I ended up with. I still love the glass, but figured with three cats and two big dogs, maybe less to break was a good idea...

Your home is beautiful, I love everything about it!

o

OOps, hopefully know it will work. Click on my above link. Mary

o

You are all so incredibly creative! Wow. Lisa_mocha, I love all the white. MIL gave us this beautiful runner and the little vintage tree this year. The other items came from last year. The gingerbread man is actually a wine bottle holder. Of course, need to keep our mischievious cat away from this!

Christmas Credenza, MIL got us the runner and the center vintage tree this year

o

Everyone's decor is so pretty!!

Lisamocha, my3dogs, ttodd, and allison...WOW! All of you have a style that just speaks to me. Really gorgeous, outstanding homes! You all should have those photos in a magazine!

I did almost nothing this year. I put up the tree right after Thanksgiving, and then life just got kind of crazy, so that's all there is. I didn't even bother to put the wreath on the door, so I've enjoyed seeing all of the other wonderful photos.

o

Thank you, franksmom. I've enjoyed doing and seeing them this year. DS and his fiance will be here Tuesday. He told me today "hope you are leaving all the decorations up for (fiance)." Hadn't even thought about taking them down - he remembers all the years I would start the day after Christmas.

o

I enjoyed everyones decorating so much.

This is my tablesetting for this year, pale greens, white, and silver.
Excuse the lack of curtains, I am remodeling, I just finished painting and not put up my curtains yet.
Dressed up "Lady"
Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Pink tree, I didn't decorate it as much this year because I was not feeling well, but I guess it would do.
Pink and white tree 2011

Christmas 2011

o

Judith, LOVE your dressed up Lady! I am guessing you move her when people are at the table? Anyway, she is marvelous.

This thread has been fun to read.

o

cyn427, thank you. Yes, she moves back to the buffet table, "she" is there for my arriving company and before dinner is served I put her back in her normal "home". :)

o

Ah,thanks. I am green with envy-love unexpected touches like that!

o

Wow, such great holiday decorations!

I just ordered the reindeer from Wisteria Allison linked above. It is now on sale for $44.75, but I saved an additional 40% paying only $26.85 by using coupon code EMAILOPT from retailmenot.com.
Photobucket

Here are a few of my Christmas decorations...

Meet Gracie (don't let the scary eyes fool you-she is a sweetheart):
Photobucket

Meet a tired Punkin'
Photobucket

Can't leave out our owner...meet Brutus:
Photobucket

And in closing:
Photobucket

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wisteria Reindeer Link

o

I saw it was on sale earlier, but had DGS so didn't come post. I ordered 12 garlands from Wisteria today to use on the front veranda French doors and a mirror or two indoors. Oh well, was going to link but they are gone now.

o

Thanks Gracie! I ordered the Santa. Didn't buy anything new this year. $15 end of season (including shipping). It'll be fun to stand next to the tree in 2012.

Allison, the noble fir? Says out of stock, but call for arrival date.

Here is a link that might be useful: Noble Fir garland

o

Yes, that's it! Didn't show up when I searched garland or on the sale page. Had to go to Seasonal.

o

whoohoo ~ thanks to allison & graciemay ~ I just arrived home from our Christmas vacation & immediately ordered that wonderful deer ~ also used the coupon ~ such a deal.

FYI for anyone in the Galena,Il. area: If you are ever thinking about a destination family Christmas, this is a perfect spot. It takes about 3 hrs. to get there from Chicago and we have rented different large houses that accommodate our extended family (16) for the last 11 yrs.

o

I did minimal this yr.

Jim

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Love everyone's decorations! I only did my mantle and it's not worth photographing. We lost a kitty after a long illness just weeks before Th'giving, and I just didn't feel like it (and with no one coming to our house for holidays, just didn't see the point).

GracieMay--where did you get the Kitchen towel? I have a group of friends for whom "b*tch" is a common theme (in a good, friendly way!). This year, a husband bought magnets for all of us that says "Wine takes the b*tch right out of me". A towel like that would be the perfect gift for these gals to have ready for next year! Thanks!

o

Hi Tracey, sorry to hear about your kitty. I found the towel at the Atlanta merchandise mart (America's Mart) the vendor primarily sells to gift shops so I'm sure you could find locally or online--perhaps Etsy. I also bought a towel that read "Yes, I know she's a b!tch-but she's family, so that makes her OUR b!tch". My brother loved it :-) lol!

o

Tracey, I'm sorry about your kitty. We lost ours (Artie) in early October and I have to admit I had to push myself to make it feel like Christmas, but I'm glad I did.

o

It pays to check in on this thread often because there are so many beautiful things I want to comment on but I get so sidetracked when I look at th enext response! You all do great decorating! I have to say though that everytime I see the picture of Whitdobe's dog I get the biggest smile on my face!

Jim - fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!

JudithinVa - feels like it's been awhile since I've seen you post. Very beautiful. I love the white tree w/ pink ornaments. I just bought a pink tree for DD's room today but seeing your tree I wish I'd maybe have gotten the white one for her room. Her room is white w/ pale pink, grey and a hint of deep berry in her duvet. Hmmmmm.... What to do?!

Here is the banner that I made. I made one for my Sister but I used scrapbook paper instead of old newspaper laying around. Hers is shades of pink, red and greens. Some argyle letters, stripes, floral prints, a damask and a circle pattern. Each letter also outlined in red. Her letters are of heavier weight paper so they haven't curled up like mine. I used scraps to make the holly berries & leaves w/ thumbtacks glued on to the backs. No pics of hers yet. Camera battery died and I can't find my charger.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Lurker here-
I'd like to share my Christmas before I take it all down. My family had a beautiful Christmas day, I hope everyone here had the same.
And thanks for the Wisteria coupon code. I bought several items and saved a bunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I have not moved or deleted my photos. Not sure why they're not showing up anymore. :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here