Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2013 Christmas Tree/Decoration Pictures

Posted by oakleyok (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 19:11

It's time for our annual Christmas decorating topic! This is year 3 or 4 we've done this.

I can't wait to see everyones decorating! I need new ideas for next year.

I'll take a picture of my tree tomorrow, but this is what I have for my DR table centerpiece which I posted in another topic a couple of weeks ago.

photo IMG_5050_zpscc0987d0.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2013 Christmas Tree/Decoration Pictures

Here is a pic of my tree after we first lit it. I snapped the pic with my iPhone of my kids looking at it. This was the first tree we've ever picked at a tree farm and cut down ourselves.

Very pretty centerpiece oakleyok.

o

Love the pic! Would make a beautiful back side of a Christmas card with the front side being the children in front of the tree looking at the camera.

o

Oakley, thanks for starting this thread. I like seeing how everyone decorates.

Polly, that's such a sweet picture with the children in silhouette against the tree. The joy and wonder that children experience during the holidays is one of the best parts.

Here's my centerpiece for my dining room table. The top image is with the lights and flash on. The bottom image is with the lights lowered somewhat and the flash off.
 photo centerpiece_zps62edda8b.jpg

o

DH and I have never had or done stockings before and I wanted to make some for the mantel by the woodstove, so these are what I made. I like the fabric so much I need to get more to make pillows for the sofa.

I wanted a wreath for the large front window, so I bought a hula hoop and some garlands..some lights, christmas things and a big bow. Hard to take pics at night...looks better in person, but I'm pleased with how it came out.

o

The start of my decorating of what I'm expecting to be our last Christmas in this house. This is our mantel. I see the baseball bat needs to be moved.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Here are a few - none really done yet but having fun this year getting it done!

photo 1461231_635058446540613_1595271024_n_zpse6624354.jpg
 photo 1471929_635059733207151_160848994_n_zps9349a60f.jpg
 photo 182332_635058383207286_830898551_n_zps6abff9d7.jpg
 photo 1394428_635058326540625_2116168655_n_zps4a3e6cbc.jpg
 photo 1450852_635058259873965_1100285118_n_zps42503f78.jpg

o

I'm loving these! Annie, I have a good camera and I can't take a night picture if my life depended on it.

Our house is covered in green Bliss Light's and my pictures are awful! lol.

Here are a couple of things I did yesterday.

I have a wreath on all the shutters in the LR. Here's one of them.

photo IMG_5075_zpsdb299311.jpg

This is the top two shelves of a stand I have, the lower shelf is still a work in progress. I like how my Watt Pottery blends in.

photo IMG_5071_zps2bfdec56.jpg

o

This is my family room.

o

I am still working on my mantle (have a thread about that), but here is my front door. Finished it yesterday. I love it! This is our first Christmas in our new home and I am loving figuring out all my decorations. Still have a ways to go.

photo christmasdoor_zps170135a1.jpg

o

I've already posted room picture, so I thought I'd share some close ups of details and special ornaments:

Garland over front door:

Nativity scene inside wooden egg ornament from Ten Thousand Villages shop in North Carolina:

Green ornaments in a footed brass bowl:

Wreaths on French doors from kitchen to newer wing feature plant elves found at a nursery:

Wrapped packaged under the sofa table:

Happy wooden reindeer:

Mozart bear from Salzburg:

Cookie tin ornament from Boston:

Sock monkey!:

Tree ornament from Boston and pretzel from Munich:

Deck chair from Jeykll island, Ga:

We have lots of different gingerbread men purchased at craft fairs over the past 30 years:

Christmas elf:

Heart ornament from Kazakhstan, brought back when friends adopted their daughter there:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar:

Mini drum set like my daughter's:

Merry, Merry Christmas!! o<(:-)

edited to remove duplicate photo-- already in the other thread, sorry!

This post was edited by kswl on Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 11:58

o

I'm just getting started on this years, but 4 years ago, 'Chijim' sent me this inspiration photo, and I loved the garland around the mirror -
 photo   <BR>EmpiregarlandinspirationphotoSmall_zps2d6d5b4f.jpg

I made a less elaborate version, but enjoyed the look with an eBay Ogee mirror over my CL Empire bureau that I had just found. A few of my tole trays nearby, with an antique Seth Thomas 4 glass French style clock that my late in-laws had given me long ago. The door to the right is my work-from-home office where I spend way too much time!

photo Empirebureaumirrorwithcones121509001Small_zpsc9fca5b8.jpg

I have had the small English locking box for years, a gift from an old friend, and the lamp was one that I had admired in the furniture store my sister works in, and we got it a a very good price.

photo Empirebureaumirrorwithcones121509002Small_zps11e97d19.jpg

o

just starting the family room mantel...

This post was edited by maddielee on Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 11:03

o

Here are a few of my decorations. My Christmas tree just doesn't look like it really does in the photos. I am on my IPad so I can only post one pic at a time. Sorry about that.

o

My family room mantle.

o

My kitchen light.

o

Simple dining room table decor. I have to say, everyone's home looks so wonderful. I love the holiday season and all the decorating. Thanks for sharing.

o

Here's the partially decorated tree, and now I see it's leaning. lol.

It's a bit colorful in the room but I did it on purpose because of the grand-tots.

I really really want to do a theme tree next year, but this tree is so large I think it would cost a fortune to do it!
 photo IMG_5079_zps15205a18.jpg

o

First year in my new house, and first year I have done any outdoor decorations. I am trying to convince my husband to add some lights, but so far no go. Not perfect, but not too bad for a first attempt.

I guess the next step should be growing grass.

o

Three minutes later a couple ornaments were down and the tree skirt was in the middle of the room. The bottom of the tree has non-breakable ornaments only.

o

photo bestprettyandtree.jpg

o

Schoolhouse,

Are you a professional photographer? I always love your photos!

Mtn

o

Glaserberl. I have two young cats so ALL my ornaments are unbreakable........

o

Schoolhouse, mtn beat me to it! That is a magazine-worthy shot-perfectly composed and absolutely beautiful.

Glaser, funny! Pretty cats even if they aren't well-behaved! ;)

o

Something old and something new...I have something new in the dining room, and a 20 + year collection of Santas in my window...
 photo IMG_0440Faraway_zps5092c59c.jpg

photo IMG_0437closer_zpsc0b75ffd.jpg

o

Here's our family room tree (nary a drop of red):
 photo DSC03349.jpg

And some shots from the cookie swap;

My granola bars and madelines:
 photo DSC03331.jpg

The tasting:
 photo DSC03340.jpg

Love my marble for buffets, makes a great foil for just about anything
 photo DSC03332.jpg

o

how wonderful to see everyone's christmas decorations! this is the first year in at least 5 that i chose to decorate....a very light hand...somehow the green and white and silver combination really gave me a lift!

o

no tree this time yet.......maybe next year! working on the outside entry and front porch over the next few days

o

Thank you so much for the compliment. I am no professional. I was late to digital cameras and bought a Kodak EasyShare Z1285 in 2009. Still unable to figure out the different options so basically just point and shoot. Plus I have a very photogenic cat. :)

I always enjoy this holiday thread.

o

I wanted a wreath for the large front window, so I bought a hula hoop and some garlands..some lights, christmas things and a big bow.

Brilliant, just brilliant! And pretty too :-)

o

Time for ChristmasPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A magical forest at the base of my birch trees in a corner of the living roomtarget="_blank">Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I wanted a wreath for the large front window, so I bought a hula hoop and some garlands..some lights, christmas things and a big bow...
FAB idea....can we see it in the daylight please, so we can all copy it, lol??

Here are my humble pix, taken with crummy cell phone:
 photo roping_zpsc5773404.jpg
Fresh pine roping with burlap bows & antique ski in the foyer~

photo snowmen_zps40f71649.jpg

photo snowmen2_zps0ae4e6df.jpg
8 million snowmen....none of which I bought, lol....

photo 3_zps8421d7b1.jpg

photo 4_zpsf3a9ac99.jpg
Small village that my 3 year old neighbor likes to rearrange. :)

photo 5_zpsb43e59a0.jpg
Wooden tree in my DR that a dear colleague made.

photo 6_zpscfb537e2.jpg
Santa's in the breakfast room.

photo 7_zpse5f94bc4.jpg
Burlap Merry Christmas bunting on FP and bow on tree.

Sorry again for the horrid quality of pix.....

o

Katy, that forest is beautiful and so serene. Can you give me some instructions on how you did it? What does the top look like, and what's holding the branches up?

o

kellienoelle, very pretty outside entry. Would you share what you have in your urns? I want to do something similar, Yours are so nice.

Everyones decorating is so beautiful

o

Family room tree. It's all silver ornaments (mostly Santas and stars and a few baby rattles) and glass icicles.

photo IMG_2632_zps324a512f.jpg

Santa:

photo Santa.jpg

Star:

photo Star.jpg

Rattle:

photo ManintheMoon.jpg

Living room tree. This one is all glass ornaments.

photo IMG_2222.jpg

Playroom tree:
 photo IMG_2637_zps886d8b50.jpg

Family room mantel. This is an old picture. I'm not sure why the vases and lanterns are pushed so far out. They're closer in now.

photo Stockings2010-1.jpg

Pictures of my boys visiting Santa. I haven't put this year's picture out yet.

photo IMG_2635_zps1de37f0e.jpg

This post was edited by porkandham on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 11:32

o

Part of my Santa collection. I used to scatter them throughout the house, but that became annoying, so now I cluster them all on a few shelves in the kitchen.

o

Just a shiny bow for the bunny.

o

My mother made the Santa's list figure in a ceramics class about 30 years ago.

o

On the mantel. Lantern and ornaments from my friends at Target.

o

I am so far behind this year! My Christmas decs are only 1/4 of the way up. But I just unpacked my two sets of Christmas dishes last night, so I am making progress . . . pitiful as it may be.
I don't have time to take new pics today, so here's two pics I took last year of my everyday set that I use for breakfasts, lunches and our more casual dinners:
 photo ChristmasMorningBreakfastTable.jpgAnd here's my other set. There are 4 different salad plate designs:
 photo ChristmasTable.jpg
I'll be back with more pics as I get things put up.
Lynn

o

Purchased at a home accessory store but have seen like ones at furniture stores. Mine was a bit shop worn so got it at discount. Seems to be made with the heavy foam base like artificial trees are in.

o

Big smiles looking at all the homes all decked out for the holidays! :) :) :)

o

I'm really enjoying everyone's pics. So many wonderful ideas and great displays.

Here's the hula hoop wreath in the daytime, no lights on.

We did run into a problem though. I noticed a significant sag in the wreath and realized the hoop isn't strong enough to handle the weight...if I wasn't careful, we'd end up with a tear drop instead of a round. So DH tied some picture wire from the top of the hoop to the bottom so it stays round. So far so good.

o

I did my mantel yesterday, with a country cottage look. The pine shelves are an antique hutch top from Craigslist.

photo   <BR>Christmasmantel120813011Small_zpsb4aad9cc.jpg

photo Christmasmantel120813010Small_zps8b568154.jpg

photo Christmasmantel120813009Small_zps55e98f8c.jpg

photo Christmasmantel120813001Small_zps9cc29a6f.jpg

And a simple bowl nearby with dried fruit and faux apples.

photo Christmaswoodenbowlwithfruit120813Small_zps776a368a.jpg

o

Hail to the hula hoop wreath! Lovely - and clever.

my3dogs - charming and classic. I've always loved the "frosted houses", have a small vintage one sitting inside my xmas tree.

katy - the snow scene with the deer is so serene.

All others I didn't mean to ignore, just too pretty for words.

o

Such eye candy! This pic was taken at a Christmas tree farm yesterday. In the driver's seat is our dog Billie (female), who became fast friends with the farm dog, Buddy! We ventured into the fields with our youngest daughter and her two roomies, where they chose a lovely Fraser Fir for their apartment. We cut it, tied it on top of the car and delivered it to their apartment in the city, where DH carried it up to their 3rd floor apartment. Our family tradition of cutting a life Fraser Fir lives on in our children....we have gone faux (and it's up but not decorated).

o

Thanks, Katy! I have the supplies to make it! Of course I'd have to cut my own branches.

Wait. I don't have the deer! lol I have two large silver deer but they're on the mantel. Drats.

I'm printing your picture for next year's inspiration.

o

Wow, you have amazing decorations. So beautiful. I haven't done a darn thing indoors, but here is a picture of my decorated fence. Finishing details were added by Mother Nature:

o

I love looking at everyone's decorations! Beautiful. I bought this cloche at Costco recently and it inspired me to starting my decorating. Merry Christmas to all.

o

(Sigh) No more decs up as yet, but I did want to say how lovely and inspiring all of your photos are . . . and to thank Oakley for starting this fun thread.

BonnieAnn, your pup is adorable!!!

o

Ded, your fence is beautiful in the snow! I have not done much and this is not a great picture. I usually have the trees on the hearth, so this is a try-out. I think I need to add snow or greens. We'll see.

Love everyone's pics.

o

Everyone has such lovely holiday homes!
Here is my tree as I would have liked it to stay.

o

Here is my tree after my seven month old kitten had a chance to help decorate it:) She thought it looked better with all bottom garland and ornaments on the floor:) Very glad we tied it to a beam!

This post was edited by roarah on Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 17:32

o

All the holiday decor is so festive and fun, I keep looking and looking....!!

Foxes~ I covet those PB pillows....
Hula hoop in daylight--thanks soooo much!
Bannie~~~~love it!!! So tickled to hear your story! :)

o

just checking in to see the added pictures....

these are all so beautiful...all are so unique and inspiring...

dedtired....LOVE the fence...mother nature sure gave you the finishing touch! your fence and frontage is positively idyllic in the snow!

o

desert_solitaire - so pretty!

Love looking at all the pics!

My3Dogs - I have that same mantle inspiration pic. Looks great!

Today I did our front door area as well as our back door. Back is really simple this year. As soon as I pick up some more orangey-yellow ribbon (yep - I was inspired by some beautiful yellow holly berries this year) I am going to put a wreath on the side door w/ a bow.

I found some old skates in the basement and replaced the old rotted laces w/ more orange ribbon.

I also found some vintage Shiny Brites in our attic this Summer. Woolworth box of 15 w/ a price on the box of $2.17! Maybe the previous owners left them? Anyway I cleaned them up today and hung them on my chandelier to dry since any paint will come off if touched when wet. Liked one of them so much that I'm leaving it there. It's quirky.

photo collage_20131210152749171_zpsgi6ktnpd.jpg
 photo 20131210_144129_zpsrwusi20j.jpg
 photo 20131210_144050_zpstz2pkjg2.jpg
 photo 20131210_145257_zpsrio4sy8q.jpg
 photo collage_20131210122007735_zpsbajyubwd.jpg
 photo 20131210_112555_20131210120547934_zpswnfslnyf.jpg

o

Our tree. Yes, we're missing the star on top.
 photo DSC_6567_zps296ba425.jpg

I didn't put together many vignettes. I have a small tree on the island with fav ornaments from our childhood. I also added garland with lights and a few berry picks along the kitchen cabinets. I don't have photos of either right now. For some reason, for our home, I'd rather just look at the larger statement pieces and keep it as less is more this year. The first year I decorated our house for Christmas the place looked like a retail store. :)

I love seeing everyone's photos. Merry Christmas!

o

Wow!! Lovely photos!!

For those of you with cats, how do you keep them from ripping down your tree?

I have two kittens, so no tree this year. 😟

o

Cyn, keep it as it is. Like Katie's, less is best. Both deer settings are very serene.

Shee, love your tree! Because the grands and family are living here until their house is built, I kind of overdid it in the LR.

Next year I want statement pieces also.

o

Aktillery--our cat died in March, but she never bothered the tree.. before we put presents and afterwards, she loved laying underneath, especially when the lights were on.

Enjoying all the pics!

o

I'm a minimalist when it comes to decorating for Christmas. A tree and a wreath are my best efforts. I had to move a very heavy chair across the room to make way for the tree yesterday and my cats acted like they were on another planet. I always get a Noble Fir. It's only 4 ft. tall, but this is shot from below:

IMG_4093

aktillery, I can relate. Two years ago, when my kittens (brother and sister, total hell-raisers) were 8 months old, I didn't get a tree. It would have been courting disaster. Last year I chanced it and they did no harm. This year, the only trouble I'm having with them is I put the small tree on its stand on top of an overturned square laundry basket and then cover the stand and basket with white towels. Yes, I have a real upscale operation. :) The cats want to play hide and seek under the towels, so that is not working out so well. I find that they are far more naughty as the ornaments and light strings are introduced, but once the tree is done they chill out. I did have to move some very tempting soft ornaments into less accessible spots.

Zephyr determines that yes, this is a real tree.

IMG_4088

o
2013 Christmas Tree/Decoration Pictures

I forgot! This is where the Elf on the Shelf showed up this morning.

As far as decor on the mantel, on each side are the brass candle holders/candles and two red berry trees.

The lights are for the grands. :)

photo IMG_5094_zps6d58ab38.jpg

o

Rose my Westie in the Reindeer costume my DS and his GF got for her. She is just thrilled : )
Christmas 2013 - Rose the Reindeer Westie photo 045_zpsf2b3ec71.jpg

Christmas 2013 photo 078_zps0c384257.jpg

Christmas 2013 photo 3acd2325-2d86-4b54-93c8-2ff3c8d7d0f1_zps3ba91525.jpg

Christmas 2013 photo 98a014eb-355e-4e9e-8ce5-304800be982a_zps6e4fa988.jpg

photo 11c17a65-163d-448b-a46e-ccdb5fa1cc31_zps5db67963.jpg

Christmas 2013 photo 1e768929-a436-4d81-adb0-2d36de66c38a_zps46c2b082.jpg

photo 8ed9d45a-f00c-4a8d-9ac8-458895c104e5_zps2b09ebb2.jpg

Daycare Christmas tree

Christmas 2013 photo 5ea0d978-0f51-42f5-ac29-2f7ddd57e555_zpse752c455.jpg

This post was edited by rtwilliams on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 12:28

o

Love seeing everyone's Christmas decorating! So many inspired ideas.

To keep my cats out of the trees I have always filled the space below the tree. With the large tree I used to use decorative boxes - could have used wrapped gifts but put the tree up early before I had wrapped them all so bought a set of pretty boxes and piled them under the tree. With my small tree I pile stuffed animals under the tree which makes it more difficult for the cats to climb and they are leaving it alone completely this year. Other years they've managed to play with a few ornaments which ended up on the floor but this year so far so good.

My Christmas decor this year is very low-key. Most decor is staying in it's boxes this year. Haven't bought even one new decoration. Pics are from previous years altho it's the same this year.

This is one of 8 faux trees altho the largest is 4' tall and the smallest 12"! Only the 4' one is decorated.

photo smalltreeinurn2_zps77bff6fa.jpg

This is my largest tree - pic from last year altho it's very similar this year.

photo whiteChristmastree_zps114de522.jpg

This is a topiary I made a few years ago and use in my bedroom.

photo topiarywhiteblue_zps380a33db.jpg

Also made this pinecone tree a few years ago. Not included in the tree count!

photo pineconetreecopper_zps9b56108a.jpg

o

RTWilliams, I love Westies! I have to say Rose's expression looks to me like she's thinking, "Oh, come on...a costume...really? Could you get my ears out at least?"

o

lol@ rose's face....think she is throwing a little shade at you though......she's a doll! and your home looks so beautiful...this thread is wonderful!

@luckygal....your decorations are lovely, and i especially like the pine cone tree....SO pretty! and love that it is homemade...i saw a similar idea using wood shims on lowes website (used a traffic cone for the base which was removed when done) i may try that for my 'tree'

o

Dedtired.....the picture of your fence looks like a Christmas card!

RT---the tree with the stuffed animals is adorable, what a clever idea! Your house looks stunning.

o

Thanks Oakley!

Aktillery - Our cats are too big to actually climb the tree (22 pounders over here. They're big boned.), but they do mess with the ornaments on the bottom usually. Surprisingly this year they're doing really well and DS is the one removing ornaments! :)

Rtwilliams - Beautiful home. I love LR. And I totally forgot about my Rodney Reindeer! I'm going to bust him out of the attic tonight!

o

photo IMAG0320-1.jpg

Here's one of mine. I saw one in a flea market and it was not for sale. However, the German Glass Glitter was, so I bought a jar (the glitter is supposed to tarnish as it ages) and bought some old sheet music at a thrift store. The rest of the items were from around the house.

This post was edited by killinsnakes on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 22:18

o

Thanks for the tips Lucky and linelle!

Shee, that is funny! I guess maybe next year... or the year after that we can put up a tree again!

o

So many wonderful pics! Love rtw's stuffed animal tree! And killinsnakes, you did a wonderful job with that wreath!

I haven't made this yet, but it looks so pretty and easy. I guess you can make it with wrapping paper too if you want to add color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper star

o

Not exactly a decoration... though I suppose people can use it as such... but every year I make cards out of a photo I've taken, and write a haiku inside to go with it. This year, it was the picture I took of the Statue of St. Elizabeth, Alzbeta Durinska, a 13th century princess who renounced her title and led a life devoted to the poor, located on the grounds of Bratislava Castle, Slovakia. (The actual card looks better as I have a forest green border around it.)

Inside:

A time to reflect

Compassion stirs gratitude

Love's whispers bring joy

o

Hi all-
My Christmas tree ornaments are the only things in my house I get truly anal about. Each year since we were married, I have bought a dated ornament-hallmark, china, crystal-whatever catches my fancy that year. The ornaments are stored in their original boxes and I get wiggy if anyone messes with the boxes!
When the kids came along I began with dated ornaments for them too. This year is the first time I've had to part with 27 ornaments as my oldest finally put up his own tree. Sniff, sniff- I didn't expect to miss some of them!
If you look close you may see the 'just married' 1985 hallmark ornament and a 1st Christmas baby ornament from 1986- Of course, everyone needs a praying lab at the base of the tree right?

Merry Christmas!
M Buck and the tree photo IMG_14301_zpsd5553895.jpg
tree and fireplace photo IMG_14241_zpsc37f98e3.jpg

o

It's a winter wonderland here in NNY.

photo 003-15.jpg

o

I have been using stuffed animals for my daycare tree for 26 years now! It is always everyone's favorite. I love the new unbreakable ornaments available now.

mreen - I have a 1983 first Christmas ornament and 1987 and 88 baby first Christmas ornaments. I have also started collecting a ornament from our travels. My latest ornament this year is from St Maarten in the Caribbean.

This is our second Christmas in this house. Last year we put a tree bag over the trees and left them assembled and put them in the storage room so easy to decorate this year! I used to put up 3 trees but I am down to doing only 2 now.

Sheesharee - Rodney Riendeer! I have had him since before I got married (1983) still has the tag on him. He has a special place in the tree each year.

Fun2bhere- Rose in her costume again, her ears are free - but she rolled around trying her best to get the costume off!

photo 76594911-ae88-443c-a8ec-ddd1d1e4d984_zps15790d42.jpg

o

Late to this thread but loved all your Christmas decorations. The elf on the shelf made me stop in my tracks my grandma used to have little elves she passed away last Christmas. Kitties are awfully cute even if they do redecorate now and then.

o

Hi all-
My Christmas tree ornaments are the only things in my house I get truly anal about. Each year since we were married, I have bought a dated ornament-hallmark, china, crystal-whatever catches my fancy that year. The ornaments are stored in their original boxes and I get wiggy if anyone messes with the boxes!
When the kids came along I began with dated ornaments for them too. This year is the first time I've had to part with 27 ornaments as my oldest finally put up his own tree. Sniff, sniff- I didn't expect to miss some of them!
If you look close you may see the 'just married' 1985 hallmark ornament and a 1st Christmas baby ornament from 1986- Of course, everyone needs a praying lab at the base of the tree right?

Merry Christmas!
M Buck and the tree photo IMG_14301_zpsd5553895.jpg
tree and fireplace photo IMG_14241_zpsc37f98e3.jpg

o

WOW all you folks must be desginers!! All beautiful!!!

o

I love all the photos! The thread had gotten so long it's hard to call out everyone!

Love the dog in the seater, and the dogs in a sleigh. Annie, what a great idea!!

Sandyponder, oh Sandyponder, that is simply beautiful!

o

sandy ponder....another Christmas card!

o

Annie, I love that you make your own cards with photos you took, and the verse is lovely.

o

Thanks, linelle!

o

Here is our photo of our tree. We did a winter theme this year. Frosty has lots of critters for decoration.... Birds, dragonflies, and butterflies.

o

Mother Nature decorated for us. Probably par for the course for those of up north, but 4" of ice was pretty rough down here in Dallas

Santa didn't really plan on this photo IMG_0533_zps4eb9d517.jpg

That's one cold reindeer photo IMG_0534_zpsd4c7136c.jpg

Yaupon Holly photo IMG_0523_zps4ad11da7.jpg

o

I love this thread, and all the beautiful photos! Here's our tree, the ornaments tell the story of our family. Oops, photo looked right on my iPad.

This post was edited by texanjana on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 16:04

o

Old girl in her favorite spot!

o

Banister

o

LOVE the mantle, texanjana....and of course the old girl!

actually everything is fabulous....magical!

o

I am LOVING all these.... Trees, lights, mantels, and of course, pets!

o

Annie, I did a double-take at your paper snowflake pic because my 12 yo DD brought home that EXACT snowflake from school the other day. They made them with their "little buddies" (1st graders) so they must be pretty easy to make!

o

Love all of the decorations - such great ideas! The only thing I've done so far is what's known affectionately as the 'Druid Altar'. It's all live plant material except the silver ribbon & looks a lot better in person than this grainy shot. Now, if I can get the hearth cleaned up before guests arrive tomorrow & a wreath made for the front door.............

o

We found a reindeer in our kitchen...

o

Here's my new ornament. I inherited it this year.

o

Here's ours... I had to start from scratch and buy everything. We're in China right now, but we were expecting to be back in the US last summer (long story). So all my Christmas stuff are in the storage. My friend and I went shopping, and got everything I needed in less than 3 hours :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I put up a 4 foot real tree on the antique table in the back of my LR; my youngest dog Riley 'helped' the whole time.
 photo 4Christmastree1215132_zps885af81e.jpg

Many of my ornaments are dog related - here's Jenny's bowl. I also have several birds, fruits and veggies.
 photo 4Christmastree1215133_zpsce206f1a.jpg

photo 4Christmastree1215134_zps9e5dac13.jpg

photo 4Christmastree1215135_zps674db036.jpg

photo 4Christmastree1215137_zps1934112b.jpg

o

Real pine/boxwood garland with plaid bows I made for our main staircase. The little tree on the table is synthetic. Our real tree is in the keeping room.

o

All the decorations are so pretty! Makes me wish I had started looking at the thread earlier! Love all the natural pinecones and long needled pine garlands. Always a favorite.

I happened to run across some pinecone ornaments this year and bought all the store had, along with more from the same collection. Went to another of the stores (big box) and bought even more. I sparkled for days from the glitter! lol They are shatterproof, but look like mercury glass - Love. Them! Can't tell from the photo, but they are 6" tall. The snowflake ornaments are wood, I'm guessing laser cut.

I have three cats and since I've gotten the last two (spread out over a few years), I haven't put out my Lynn Haney Santas for fear one of them might tear something up. So far, only the green feather tree is getting knocked onto the floor each day.

More pictures of the tree, mantel and additional Santas are linked below:

Here is a link that might be useful: More Christmas Pictures

o

Here's mine had to upload to utube, have speakers on for Carols I added and you can make it full screen if you wish, sit back and Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Utube

o

Antiquesilver - that's beautiful!

o

We love Christmas! Here's the family room. Can't post more than one photo so I'll post the LR in a new post.

o

Here's the living room.

o

Close up of the mantle this year

o

Entry

o

Everyone's homes look so warm and festive! Even the snowy outside shots because I KNOW your house is toasty on the inside!

Here are my decs for this year:

photo IMG_1046_zpsaaf9cb8f.jpg

I really wanted to go for a monochromatic tree so I told DH to not put up any decorations with red. Well he slipped a few past me anyway, including this little devil.
 photo IMG_1047_zpsfc10f3a8.jpg

photo IMG_1045_zps56345f61.jpg

photo IMG_1050_zpsa37655f1.jpg

photo IMG_1049_zps28a0ed44.jpg

photo IMG_1048_zps0c4ff1b9.jpg

photo IMG_1055_zps72d62e7a.jpg

photo IMG_1052_zps44e1d703.jpg

photo IMG_1051_zps559ab6f7.jpg

photo IMG_1056_zpsb94009b4.jpg

I made granola to gift family, friends and neighbors this year:
 photo IMG_1053_zps38f052bf.jpg

photo IMG_1054_zps2664bc6a.jpg

o

What beautiful and wonderful ideas and decorations everyone has!

I was so worn out after Thanksgiving that I did not decorate half as much as normal for me at Christmas. Some of these photos will be from last year, as the décor is the same for my dining room, front door and back patio.

The following is what I have for this year.
 photo DSC08091.jpg

photo DSC08126.jpg

photo DSC08108.jpg

photo DSC08104.jpg

photo DSC08107.jpg

photo DSC08139.jpg

photo ChristmasCard2012.jpg

This years tree (very sparse.) To spruce up under the tree, pre-gifts, I found some old books from my childhood, added a new train for my grandson and two red lanterns.
 photo Tree2_zpsb2966a4a.jpg

My grandson admiring the "Wonder of it all".
 photo DSC09966_zpse4515d30.jpg

photo DSC09968_zps02e4877f.jpg

My Santa collection. This years Santa is on this end with the naughty list.
 photo Deco1_zpsf87be5b5.jpg

Mantle
 photo Deco2_zps9315485d.jpg

Foyer
 photo Deco5_zps7292093b.jpg

Cardinals (My mother loved these. A tribute to her.)
 photo Deco3_zps3e719cf2.jpg

My lady (last year she wore a red hat and had her top covered with the bow.)

photo Deco4_zps826f58d5.jpg

Just had to share this. We took our grandson to visit Santa at a garden center. A lady brought in 3 Saint Bernard's for their photo with Santa. I captured one.
 photo DSC09978_zps15b7eb25.jpg

o

Our Nativity in front entry way.

o

Our Nativity in front entry way.

o

Let it snow.

o

Let it snow, Let it snow!

o

this is all so pretty, I'm definitely going to look at everything again on another day, I skimmed down quickly to see a bit of it !!!

fabulous !!!

o

I think this is the best Christmas dec thread EVER!

My3dogs, love that 4 ft tree!!!! Also Very impressed with the quality appearance of Allison's new unbreakable ornaments, and kellyeng, aren't you in a new house this year? It looks wonderful for Christmas!

I know the reason most of us decorate for Christmas is to make our homes joyful, beautiful and happy places for ourselves and others during the holiday season, and clearly this goal has been achieved by all here. o<(:-)

o

My favorite part of Christmas is listening to my grandson play with the Nativity sets. He plays with one from when he was a toddler that gets new animals added to it each year- and one that's a folk art style from when his Mom was little. Just yesterday "Moses was coming to visit Jesus in the manger!"

This post was edited by Woodland.Mama on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 20:41

o

The other ducks flew away...

o

This thread is a real treat. Your homes are warm and beautiful; the decorations divine. simply wonderful.

o

Your homes are all so beautifully decorated. Mine leaves a lot to be desired compared to the other beautiful decorations you all have posted. Here is a pic of the breakfast area.

o

And one of the dining room.

o

The library mantle.

o

And last but not least, the Christmas tree.

o

holly kay...i know i speak for most everyone when i say that YOUR pictures of your lovely home, decorated for the holidays is just one more reason to smile and feel a deep sense of happiness at the beauty you have created within you own home, and your willingness to share it with everyone...

i have marveled at how lovely and how much loving attention everyone has put into creating a lovely environment for themselves and their friends and loved ones to enjoy this holiday season..the reason for the season is to share the love of family and friends and whatever effort we gave to enhance this...your home is lovely and warm and i am thrilled you posted up your pics for all of us to enjoy right along with you! merry christmas to you and yours!!! and THANK YOU

o

All the homes here are so beautiful and so different. It's great to see everyone's styles. I don't have too many photos yet, but kitty snuggled up to The Grinch while we were decorating the tree. Sorry it's a little fuzzy. We had to grab the phone while he was there.

photo 6c6361e1-adb3-439b-8c60-71fec6b07e08.jpg

o

Thank you everyone for posting pictures of your beautiful Christmas decorations. They are so inspirational. I have really enjoyed all the pictures. Hopefully no one minds if I borrow a few ideas. Merry Christmas to all.

o

I've enjoyed looking at everyone's decorations. This is about all I got to this year. Paperwhites blooming just in time for Christmas, and a branch from the tree.

o

A warm fire, a wonderful dinner and someone who thinks she is human!
Happy Holidays to all!

o

I so enjoyed the photos and aputernut's video; this year is the first I haven't put up a single decoration - I've been looking at houses and just can't get in the mood, so seeing all of your lovely homes has been especially meaningful!!

o

I'm really enjoying all your beautiful holiday decorations. Our outside decorations, side porch. No decorating inside this year-no furniture (reno)- nothing to decorate. I miss my Christmas "stuff."

o

Side porch.

o

Front porch

o

Loving everyone's homes and decorations. I'm not very good at it , but here's what I did this year. Am sitting here waiting for the kids to get here...DS is picking up DD at the airport..older son will be over in a bit with his wife.

photo 5D4B4EEC-9AD6-4138-84C5-A74D5E75A6AA-561-000000D6BCD4842E_zpsc674d01e.jpg

Table is too plain....can't find grandmothers Depression wines and champagne glasses buried in the basement....think I'll get chargers for next year as well...

photo CEBB77AA-EAD1-4D8B-88BD-EDBC6A06705C-561-000000DB1F1B09D1_zps3db9b3aa.jpg

Simple greens cut this morning from front shrubs and cranberries

photo 2F6F9E82-0909-4ECD-ADED-36B468215F35-561-000000D75C0E55D8_zps2e79ba33.jpg

The buffet...

photo 56E6B2F1-498A-4135-965F-F43A20537442-561-000000D6FA5990CC_zps90ebe18a.jpg

On the coffee table..

Me photo 96E8C02D-0A13-4AC4-B85F-35B7D4EF6990-561-000000DB5B7775C2_zpsaeb7f2ce.jpg

Rudolph....

photo 2707599F-D4BF-42D9-B06C-C2A794479F24-561-000000DB380E25A5_zps6a176f23.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here