Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Does anyone recognize this chandelier?

I could swear that I have seen it before, but so far, have been unable to find it online. I know that people here are very good at locating things. Thank-you!

Comments (14)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

It looks to have been painted that brass color. I'm also wondering if those shades aren't original.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Would something similar work?

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Option

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

Wow! You are the gal that can.find.anything..lol. Must be a tough one.

I like it. Gotta go and help search.

Tuesday

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

Here is a similar one by Currey.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orli Chandelier

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Another similar...

Here is a link that might be useful: shades of light

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, all! While searching, and Lucy, I did see that Orli one in my search, I found that there are many lighting vendors that I have never heard of, so I think I'm searching for a needle in a haystack. This is on my Craigslist, and I should just go see it.

Errant, I could be wrong, but I think it is originally that color. As I searched different sites, I found one of the color options is 'gold' as opposed to brass, and they all look like that. I also think the shades are glass, as I think I see that they cover the view of the bulbs looking up at it.

I may send the image to a local lighting store and see if they recognize it. I'm just curious as to the quality, but I can probably tell that if I go see it in person. I tend to research stuff before I look at it, if possible.

Thank-you all for your help!

• chucksmom
    9 years ago

try googling "trumpet chandelier" or "french horn chandelier"

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

jaysmom, thanks! I didn't find the one above, but I saw some very interesting fixtures, especially under 'trumpet'. French horn got me closer, but still not there. I just sent a pic to the local lighting store to see if they sold it.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

It's a beautiful chandelier, and maybe something that would have been sold by Fine Art Lighting. Why not just buy it? If it's less than $300 I would say it's a buy!!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

beverly, Your opinion means a lot - It's listed for $200. :-)

I have a beautiful Fine Arts lamp that I bought on eBay years ago for $9.99. It was listed as a 'horse'. I'm a Leo, so couldn't resist. My sister works in an upscale furniture store, and told me they used to carry Fine Arts lamps, but stopped, as the prices were too high.

{{gwi:2142220}}

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh my3, love that Fine Arts lamp. What a steal! Yes the Fine Arts lamps are very pricey. I saw quite a few that I like when I was searching for lamps but holy cow they were bank breakers.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

And once again, how do you find these things? I have a couple of Fine Art table lamps that we bought for our first house, thirty-two years ago. I would guess that they are very out right now, if I had a clue as to the current lamp trends. They are beautiful lamps and I love them. The kids will have them one day.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

With the local lighting store telling me it's a Murray Feiss, I looked there again, DIDN'T filter by 'dining room' and FOUND it!

It's called 'Feiss Druid Hills 8 Light Chandelier in Silver Dust '.
    $699.00 per each
    List Price $1,048.50
    You Save $349.50 (33%)

It's discontinued, but seems like a nice buy. I'll see if I can go see it soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: Feiss Druid Hills 8 Light Chandelier in Silver Dust

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay and 'Kitchen',

I was just browsing one day on eBay and there it was, with no indication of who made it, and of course it was called a 'horse'. I could see it was a lion, and for $9.99, how could I go wrong? The seller advertised his items as coming from movie prop warehouses, but who knows?

When it arrived, I was THRILLED at its heft, and perfect condition. I examined it closely, and there on the in-cord switch, which allows two levels of light, and saw this. I'll admit I hadn't heard of FA, but I did the research right away. Happy dance!!!

{{gwi:2142221}}

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH