Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackout shades or room darkening?

Posted by red_lover (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 18:31

My Dd and SIL are coming with my new grandson for a week at Christmas. This is where they will sleep. When they were home last they woke up at 5:30 in the morning because of the East light.

I'm ordering blinds tonight and praying I get them by Christmas. I really like the look of the room darkening shade better than the blackout. But will it make the room dark enough?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is the one I am planning to order.

The blackout is the Bali blackout on the same site.

Will the room darkening darken the room pretty well?

Thanks for the quick advice. Don't know why I procrastinate like this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackout shades or room darkening?

If the room gets full, direct morning light, I'd get the blackout shades. If it's just indirect morning sun, then maybe the room darkening ones would be enough.

If your DD and SIL are the primary users of this guest room, you could also ask them which they would prefer.

It looks as if the shades would be hidden during the day under the valance, and only be seen at night, if that makes a difference.

o

I would go for the blackout.

o

Just ordered the blackout. Got all 3 blinds for 238. Pretty pleased.

One thing out of the way.

Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here