Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

My kitchen window is no longer naked!

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

My kitchen window is finally dressed. It was a very long wait but I adore the fabric!

Comments (34)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more taken this afternoon. You can see the trees dressed in their winter coat of snow.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Very pretty!

• mdrive
    10 years ago

lovely! the pattern is gorgeous...love how it brings out the color of your wood windows...bet you smile every time you look!

• localeater
    10 years ago

very pretty, it makes me smile to look at it!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!! I'm seriously envying the view out your window. More!!

• rafor
    10 years ago

Very pretty fabric! Looking good :)

• User
    10 years ago

That is OUTSTANDING. You must be so delighted. It really looks great! And what is that gorgeous light fixture in front of it? Do tell.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Let's have a pulled back view!

• bpath
    10 years ago

So pretty! Color on these grey-and-white days, and in summer, an accent upon nature's green canopy. Enjoy!

• doodledog_gw
    10 years ago

Love the fabric and the attention to detail in centering the swirl pattern.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am very happy with them. The pictures don't show the lovely colors at their best. The background color is a soft golden linen and the color that has a tinge of pink on my monitor is actually a soft terra cotta. The colors are very fall like colors.

Sheila, I fell in love with the pendants when I was looking for lighting during our kitchen reno. They are from the Schonbeck Bagatelle collection.

Linelle, I tried to post some other outdoor pics for you but they were rejected due to the file size. I have to learn to resize with photobucket but that is a real pita. I love the view from the front and back of our house. It was the view that sold the house because it has to have the oddest layout on the face of the earth.

Ellendi, I am attaching another pic from further out. Not easy in my very small kitchen. The window is eight or nine feet so hard to get the whole thing in.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Gorgeous window, curtain and view! I love the lining, peeking out too. And I really like your light fixture too.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

That is so lovely Holly! I absolutely love the fabric, and the design is great. I know that in anticipation you were worried that it was too formal, but I think it is just perfect. You must be so pleased!

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful, holly. It looks perfect with your wood trim, and really frames that gorgeous view.

• User
    10 years ago

It looks very nice. Love the fabric!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Really pretty Holly, fabric & style. I saw a peak of trees laden with snow.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Holly-the window treatment is the perfect compliment to your lovely kitchen. It looks wonderful.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Thanks, holly, it looks great in your kitchen!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

I'm so glad that you like them now that they're installed. I know you were concerned about that.

I think they're lovely and just perfect for your home based upon what else you've shown us. Nicely done!

• corgimum
    10 years ago

That looks great! You have inspired me to think about putting valances over my kitchen windows. Picking the fabric is always the hard part for me.

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

I love it. Looks similar to what I used in my kitchen! Love your view and admiring your faucet too.
    May I ask what it is?

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Your kitchen window treatment is gorgeous! I love the design and the fabric. Thanks for posting the pictures. Yours is a great example of how window treatments are "the icing on the cake".

• andee_gw
    10 years ago

Beautifully done!
    Did you have the valance custom-made? Or is there a pattern available?

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

It's absolutely perfect!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's so nice to share when something turns out well. Thank you GW friends for the compliments.

Red_Lover, the faucet is a Waterstone PLP5600. Picking the finish for it was so difficult because all the finishes were lovely but I really like the final choice.

Andee, it was custom. I so admire the people who have the talent to sew. I would love to be blessed with that ability. The man who installed them for me was a sweetheart and he had them installed so quickly that I couldn't believe he was finished!

• cubby14
    10 years ago

Could you tell me about the fabric, that's just what I am looking for.

• massagerocks
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! How nice its in your kitchen where you'll see it frequently. I'm sure it will bring you inner smiles for a long time.
    well done!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

So pretty!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cubby, the treatment is from Ethan Allen. I will look for the receipt tomorrow to see if she has a specification for it.

• User
    10 years ago

Pretty, classic, fabric, Holly-kay! Your window looks good in that outfit :-)

• busybee3
    10 years ago

very nice!

• Christy Bell
    10 years ago

Just beautiful! Wonderful job!

• loribee
    10 years ago

Very pretty!

• glad2b
    10 years ago

It is just perfect! Great job - you must smile every time you walk in there! :)