Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Pottery Barn Vanities, does anyone have one? Cross posted

polly929
9 years ago

Hi all, We are renovating our main bathroom in our home. My house was built in 1900, and the bathroom is not that spacious, so my vanity can be no more than 42 inches wide. I really like the style and storage in the PB asymmetric classic vanity, and right now they are offering free shipping and I have a 15% coupon code right now. Just wondering if anyone here may have purchased one and can give me their opinion on the quality?

Comments (6)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I know Pottery Barn's sofas and chairs are Lee Industries, so high quality. I'd feel fairly confident ordering form PB, but if you can get info. on how it's built, the materials used, how the joints are put together, that's probably not a bad idea.

• barbie08075
    9 years ago

We have a single 36inch PB vanity that is made of birch veneers in our master bath. It has been there for 4 years now and shows no sign of deterioration. It required some retrofitting and has held up nicely. I was leery about purchasing a vanity from PB because I don't find their case goods to be particularly quality pieces ( and I like fine furniture). But that said, I was unable to find a vanity that was as nicely designed and nice looking as the PB one without going custom. I am glad I purchased it for my master bath but might not have purchased it if it was for a hall bath that is subject to much more wear and tear. Just my two cents.

• polly929
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well I don't know what is going on with PB lately but after reading reviews about their horrible customer service, I am weary of making a big purchase like that from them. The vanities have MDF and I'd prefer solid wood. Guess I have to start over in my search.

• jmc01
    9 years ago

I have never seen a 1900 original footprint bathroom that is large enough for a pottery barn anything.

Overall dimensions of the room are key.

• rockybird
    9 years ago

I dont know anything about their vanity quality, but restoration hardware has 20% off sales prices right now. I think some of their vanities are marked down. I think some of their pieces are very nice looking, but unfortunately wont work in my home (midcentury style).

• polly929
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jmc01, I don't have the exact dimension of the room at the moment, but when measured we are able to fit a single 42" or 36" vanity. I would prefer the 42" because I want to get as much storage as possible. The layout of my home is very unique and different from most 1900s homes, we do not know the exact year it was built, but have a photograph of our home dated 1903 and there were only 3 other homes on the entire street and a horse and buggy in front of the house. The current bathroom is not original and was updated in the early 1950s. I would've been content with my vintage bathroom but a major shower leak made us rip out the tile to dry out the rotted sub floor and we now have to start over.

Rockybird, I looked at the vanities on RH but couldn't find exactly what I wanted there. DH and I are now looking into a custom cabinet, even though it was not the route we wanted to take, it is the only way we are guaranteed solid wood construction. We have 3 children and this is our main bathroom and it needs to hold up. I'm worried about MDF getting wet and warping with 3 kids brushing teeth or doing lord knows what in there. I once found my 10 year old giving our daschund a bath in the bathroom sink-lol, so I need durability.