Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_marie_gw

Dusty Purple

alexandra_marie
14 years ago

Does anyone have or have used a good dusty purple color? I'm open to all shades, dark or light. It will be used in my MB and a paler version will be used in our MB.

We haven't bought furniture yet so we can do things backwards and pick the paint first and then the furniture color :)

Here is our bedroom set. I'm sure the purple walls will be a bit funky w/ the green duvet, but I just love the purple and green color combo!

Pictures are appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: bedding

Comments (12)

• msrose
    14 years ago

Mairin used BM Black Raspberry in her dining room, which is a beautiful deep purple.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Mairin's Black Raspberry

• alexandra_marie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

msrose- that color is beautiful.. but a bit dark. I'm looking for one more in the medium range, but I guess I see that as 'dark' since it will be in the bedroom.

So far i'm really into BM amorous but i've never seen it in anyone's room :(

• ummm
    14 years ago

BM Wet Concrete is a popular dusty purple here I think.

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

This is listed on the Small house board and I love love love it. Plan to copy it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dusky Purple

• hoyamom
    14 years ago

I have EK Lavender Mist in my guest room. I have accents of green and it goes nicely. It is a light gray/purple.

• alexandra_marie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I somehow missed all these responses! Thanks everyone.

Shade of Idaho - I'm LOVING the Behr Silverberry paint color! I am going to try to get a sample and see if will work.

Painting is next weekend! We just moved into our home (new build) last week and the walls are so bare. I'm excited to get some color in here. Hopefully there green and purple won't be too out there and my vision will all come togetehr in the end.. lol

• caroline94535
    14 years ago

I don't know if this "Lilac Vapor" is considered "dusty," but it does looked like a greyed-down color of lilac.

Here it is in the "in progress" sewing room of our new/old house.

I used the same paint color in my guest room when we lived on the base. The JCPenney bedspread matched the paint color perfectly.

• tarhlfan
    14 years ago

sorry I can't help w/ the paint, but I love your bedding!!

• moonshadow
    14 years ago

There's the "Purples" thread over in the Gallery Section of Home Dec. (Time to bump those "colors" threads up again.) I have one in there, it's Pittsburgh Heliotrope, much like Wet Concrete, only a little less muted I think. After 5 years, I'm ready for a repaint, tho. ;)

• karinl
    14 years ago

I have Pratt and Lambert's older fandeck, and it has a really nice colour called Smoky Grape, as well as a range of lighter and darker dusty purples.

Their stores have the new colour cards on display and it's a really good system for being able to find the shade you want - one of the few colour displays that has ever made intuitive sense to this colour-challenged individual. It includes many of their previous colours, and if this one isn't in there, the dealers can still show it to you and mix it up - most would have the old fandeck and formulas on hand.

In addition, it's a very nice quality paint.

KarinL

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

We have BM Piano Concerto in our powder room -- we get a lot of compliments on it.

• kathy77
    14 years ago

What brand of paint is the "Lilac Vapor" shown above please?