Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mailynn_gw

Anyone have their kitchen painted a rich cream/ivory/ type neutra

mailynn
15 years ago

Hi

I want to paint my kitchen a soft creamy color with a brownish undertone. Not a pink based brown.

Thanks

would prefer BM colors

Mai Lynn

Comments (17)

• steve_a
    15 years ago

We did our kitchen in Behr "Spiritual" which meets your description. We have lived with it for almost 7 years and still like the color. Cabs are light maple, counters are a gold granite and tile backsplash is light earthtones. I trust that the color still exists, you could get a chip at Home Depot and take it to BM to match.

• budge1
    15 years ago

I searched forever for a colour like that for our living room. I think I've found it in BM dunmore cream. I had it mixed at 50% and then greyed it down with a drop of black. You probably wouldn't need to grey it for a kitchen. I'd show you a pic, but I haven't got around to actually doing a whole wall in it yet (the big swatches of paint on every wall in the room look pretty good tho - dh would really like me to finish it :-)

• jillie731
    15 years ago

redroze...what color are your floors? i love them

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

redroze, I love your BM Natural Cream Walls. Thanks for sharing.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Here is Benjamin Moore's Rich Cream. We had the kitchen painted this color but the realized the cabinets were almost the same color so we changed the kitchen to a pale green and this room is adjacent to it. I have this color in my laundry, pantry, hall and great room. It's a very pretty color with no undertones that I can see.

{{gwi:1425557}}

• lacombe
    15 years ago

Hi redroze,I just love your kitchen, I also have a white kitchen, with the green granite. I just recently got the same crystal knobs for our white cabinets in our bathroom.I also have to ask you what color your floors are?

• bedelia
    15 years ago

I also have BM rich cream and love it. Almost vanilla looking. I find it does change color throughout the day though depending on lighting. I love that aspect.

• october17
    15 years ago

I use Pratt & Lambert (sold in BM stores here). It's called Indian Ivory. I've had the same color for 19 years now. Ready to repaint with same color a second time (Doesn't really need it, but I have some wall damage and redecorating holes.) It's very creamy, but more on the yellow side, than white.

• pensivern
    15 years ago

I have BM carlyle cream-love it.

• oceanna
    15 years ago

My kitchen cabs are in Behr Opal Creme and I just love them. The snootiest of my neighbors actually asked me what color I used. :) (blowing off my smoking gun as I holster it - lol)

• jesemy
    15 years ago

This is Valspar Belle Grove Buff.

{{!gwi}}

• redroze
    15 years ago

Thanks Jillie! They are red oak hardwood that is site-finished with a (weird) custom stain of Minwax Red Mahogany (a bit of it) and mostly Duraseal Ebony.

• redroze
    15 years ago

Lacombe - Aren't the crystal knobs fantastic?

I added a note about our floor stain as to Jillie above...

• fraren8_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

Brutuses - just painted my foyer Rich Cream and I'm trying to decide which color to paint my kitchen (light honey cabinets/honey hardwood floors). The foyer goes right into the kitchen, but I think Rich Cream is too light and too yellow for the cabinets and floor. Wondering what the green paint is that you chose for your kitchen??? Thank you!!!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

The green is BM's Grecian Green 507. The color just next to that is BM's Tree Moss 508 which is a shade darker. Here they are, GG on ceiling and TM on wall, in my foyer. Can't wait to see photo's of your newly painted spaces.

a href="http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/Patscats/?action=view¤t=DSC00294.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1438904}}

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Caryn, I also can't wait to see pictures of your newly painted rooms since I love BM Rich Creme and almost used it for my Master Bedroom and sometimes wish I did. I am thinking of repainting my Laundry Room in BM Rich Creme.

Jesemy, I love Valspar Belle Grove Buff wall color!

Brutuses, I also love the green paint color you chose for the kitchen.

redroze, BM Natural Creme may look nice in my home office when I am ready to repaint my BM Linen White Walls with white trim. I want my walls to be a little bit deeper in color but still be light due to needing my room to not be too dark when I am working.