Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

The stair runner is in!

kellienoelle
10 years ago

Do you guys remember looking at dozens of carpet swatches and voting on which you liked? It has been a month or two, and I have moved on to asking you to look at dozens of fabric swatches now, but we finally have resolution to at least one project! It was installed today. I have one dog that has been happily running up and down it, one who won't go near it, and another who is still hiding from the install guy, but I am glad that it will be safer for them (and me too, having had a friend who recently broke his hand due to a sock/stair incident). I wanted to show you the fruits of our labor. I love it, I think after all the agonizing the pattern and color are a good choice.

Comments (29)

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Congratulations: it looks perfect!
    What kind of edge binding did you pick?
    Thanks so much for sharing the end results with us.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Great choice!

• amykath
    10 years ago

Perfection! Love it! I liked that choice from the beginning!!

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Kellie,
    That looks perfect. You must be very pleased.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Well done Kellie. It looks great!

• sas95
    10 years ago

It looks great.

• User
    10 years ago

Great!!!

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Yum, couldn't look any better!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I am surprised you haven't put a chair there, so you could just sit, stare, and smile! It looks wonderful!

• caminnc
    10 years ago

Well done, I love it and love how your puppies are always in your pictures.

• housefairy
    10 years ago

That is a nice pattern and it looks great.

So is your sheltie contemplating just how fast she can come down the stairs in the morning?

• Gooster
    10 years ago

It looks great! you must be so pleased. Thanks for coming back and sharing. It's strange how animals can be so sensitive to changes in their environment. I move a vase and my dog "ruffs" at it the first time.

The pattern really draws your eye up. I remember the fretting over the width of the stairs at the bottom being assymetrical. You don't even notice it, you just see the beautiful runner and stairs.

• teeda
    10 years ago

Love it--great choice!

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Well done!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Love it (and your dog!). How on earth did you get him/her to look up the stairs while you were right there taking the picture?

• Olychick
    10 years ago

It looks great! I was skeptical of adding another pattern to the area, but sure was wrong.

Didn't Beverly27 try to help you quite a bit? She seems to have quite participating. It was nice to have her designer expertise helping people - she has a good eye. I know you didn't pick one of her suggestions, but it was fun to see what she suggested.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

It looks great! So funny that one dog won't go near it. Maybe after the other two will put apply some peer pressure. lol

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Looks perfect, and you must be very pleased. I was wondering about Beverly27 too. I always enjoyed her perspective on things.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Beautiful choice!

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

Looks great -- excellent choice!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody! I am happy with how it turned out and happy that it shows that I can actually make a decision (as I am currently agonizing). But I also am happy that I did sweat out a few of the details, it ends up nicer in the end.

olychick - you are correct, Beverly27 helped me immensely! She suggested a Dash and Albert rug that I loved. However, when I picked up a sample it wasn't quite wide enough for my stairs. Ultimately though it was that rug that she suggested that pushed me go with this particular color scheme. Where is Beverly these days? I miss her posts! She was so helpful and generous with her advice. And I liked the way that she thought outside the box a bit. Like you,I was concerned about a bolder pattern, but her ideas really showed me how sharp it could look.

Francoise - I ended up just getting it banded over the serged bindings. It looks nice!

• User
    10 years ago

Looks fantastic ! I had read the thread but didn't chime in as I just couldn't " see " well enough what you should choose. You did great ! c

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

it's gorgeous, what a great choice !!!

• massagerocks
    10 years ago

Kellie,
    I remember your posts. I relate to you so much, thanks for posting the update. I hope this gives you some decorating confidence. That runner is perfect. You're going to being smiling about that choice for a long, long time...congratulations :)

• Janice742
    10 years ago

It looks great. Don't you just love it when your decorating choices work out?

• jackson2348
    10 years ago

I'm so glad to see this, as I'm going to face the same choice soon. I love that you went with a pattern! It looks great, and gives me confidence to do the same!

• theclose
    10 years ago

Looks fantastic!! Did you end up choosing the brown over black? It looks brown to me but I thought you chose black. Regardless, looks great!!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did get the black, I will get a better picture when I get home. I had expected the banding on the outsides to be wider, but I'm not disappointed that it is not. I am extremely pleased that I asked them to make the runner wider. If I recall correctly, I had them add 2 inches on both sides to what they felt were "standard". Since the width of the stairs widens at the bottom due to the wooden spindles, I think it looks much better than it would have. It feels great underfoot and my dogs have all now adapted, walking up and down without difficulty.

• theclose
    10 years ago

I think it was a great choice to go wider. I can see now on my computer that the overhead light makes it look a little brown instead of black.

I wanted thicker banding on mine but it was so costly. Mine looks like yours. Really love it.