Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christy_bell

Poll - Which looks better - #1, #2, #3

Christy Bell
9 years ago

Which picture arrangement looks better to the right of the front door? Tried to give you a wide angle shot to see what's around it. Giving you 2-3 pictures of each option. I'm still decorating for Christmas, so not everything is in its place quite yet. Oh - do you think the mirror above the entry table is at the right height?

Thanks!!!

First up - Option #1A

This post was edited by christyinco on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 17:56

Comments (40)

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another angle of this option

This post was edited by christyinco on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 17:41

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last View for this one

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is second choice

This post was edited by christyinco on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 17:44

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another view of #2 - this is a family picture

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lastly - here is another choice #3

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Up close view

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Final picture of last option

• justretired
    9 years ago

I think I like number 2. It seems to compliment the dark chest with the lamp on top. Love your cool iron and wood bench.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking which photograph has the best composition? At first, I thought you were going to show different furniture or accessory combinations, but after looking and looking for differences, I can see that is not it. Color me obtuse.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks justretired! The bench was a new purchase to accommodate the jackets and shoes that people come in with and don't know what to do with! :)

• toolbelt68
    9 years ago

#2 and raise the mirror.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm wondering which pictures look best to the right of the front door - sorry!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I ilke #3 best. They're really pretty, and I think the sizes of the two fit the wall much better than the other choices.

Mirror seems a tad low. Imagine wanting to check yourself before you head out, and your hubby, etc., that is where you want a mirror, at a reasonable height at which people can see their heads and faces.

And I really want to add, but also don't want to offend, but I'm going to say it anyway: I'd take that garland off the bench. The bench hanger is a wonderful piece of furniture in and of itself. If that's meant to be a Christmas decoration, add some pine boughs.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No offense taken - Tibbrix! pine boughs would probably look better and fuller. Maybe I don't need anything there (it was for Christmas only).

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I like the single picture option.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

#3 and I would raise the mirror. I would not be able to see the top of my head at that height.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

You could also swap the prints with the wrought iron snowflake that you've got on the other wall, which would go great with the round mirror and the iron coat hanger/bench.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The mirror is positioned where center is at my eye level - and I'm 5'6". I to think slightly higher would be better, though - just looks low next to door and window. The walls are 9' into vaulted ceilings.

This post was edited by christyinco on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 18:09

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

I prefer #3.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix - it wouldn't look strange to have two circles right there?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Oh, probably! Who knows? Try it and make it option #4 and see what people say. Lol.

Other option is to turn the bench so that it's against the wall next to the door and put the pics on the other wall. All kinds of options here!

Re: the garland, yeah, I think those kinds of things need filler, i.e.: greenery, rather than being on their own.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

You really can't go wrong, you've made a very charming room. Saying that, I prefer # 3 as I like the lighter tone and the multiple. Would you mind sharing where you got that coat rack? My grand is looking for something just like that and we can't find it. Ty.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

(delete for dupe)

This post was edited by Violet.West on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 18:44

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

#2 immediately caught my eye. Probably the size, and frame color makes it stand out for me. I do like #3 as well.
    As for the mirror height, I'm 5'6" also, and being that my DH, DD, DS, and most of my friends are taller than I am, I try and hang my mirrors so that my eyes are looking more at the one-third than halfway level.
    Very pretty room, BTW!
    Lynn

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments! I got the wall tree at Pier1 - not cheap ($400+). I like that it doesn't take up a lot of visual space, but is sturdy and the wood is a nice tone.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Is there anything IN the frames of #1? If not, it would depend what goes in whether I'd prefer 1 or 3. If they have something inside now, then I vote for 3.

Your bench is very cute and I like the placement. If you put it on the wall next to the door as someone suggested, I think it would be too much furniture lined up in a row, along all the perimeter walls.

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

olychick - there are no pictures in the first option. I would have to add them. However, after looking at my options a bit, I prefer either 2 or 3. I would love to have the single picture there as it is a family piece and I haven't been able to find a spot for it. The other two pictures in option 3 would be placed back where they were - on the wall opposite between great room and kitchen.

• bossyvossy
    9 years ago

all pics are nice and all will work but I like 2. I also thing ALL wall hangings are low. I would make them to where the top edge if at same level as top edge of door. Would also save the garland for another location.

• jlc712
    9 years ago

I like #2, balances best with the other things on the wall. And the mirror could maybe go up just an inch or two. It's hard to judge from the camera angle.

You have a beautiful home!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Yikes, Christy! Duh-should have noticed that right away. Anyway, I like #2!

ðÂÂÂ

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

I vote for #3 best but they need more space in between. Just a little.
    The mirror needs raised about three inches. Having said that, I think you should go with the single picture. It looks fine and is your favorite.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

#3, for sure.

• bpath
    9 years ago

No. 3, the two seem to coordinate color wise and balance wise with the picture over the piano,mthe door, and the mirror and chest, They seem to contribute to the rhythm.

• rockybird
    9 years ago

I think I like #3, but #2 isnt bad either. Nice looking space!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Number 3 but I also like #2 is just seems so aligned with everything that it takes away from the interest. The art looks lonely to me in 2.

• jjam
    9 years ago

I like two frames stacked vertically. I also like the white space in the frames in #1 but it was hard to see what was in them. So either #1 or #3 would get my vote. Love your room!

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

#3 I like the fuller look plus the color addition.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Definitely #3, the others are too small. But everything you hung is a bit too low.

Nice room!

• Christy Bell
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I'll hang both #2 & #3 for a couple of days and see what I think. I could go either way. I agree, everything is a bit low.

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

Another vote for #3.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz