Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rwhirley_gw

Need help decorating for Christmas

rwhirley
10 years ago

I need some help here. I have a very small budget and not a lot to work with for decorating my house for the holidays. Im not one to go overboard but I would like to look like I at least made an effort. I have a great room that is divided in half by a double sided fireplace. One side is the family/tv room and the other side a formalish sitting room. For most of the year I have ivory candles so I switched those out with a burgundy reddish color in my glass candle holders on the mantle in the sititng room and added 3 silver trees on the coffee table. For the most part I am happy with that room. The Christmas tree will go against the wall between the 2 rooms. Now for the family room side I am thinking of hanging garland on top of the wall unit and on that mantle I don't have much. Just a small Christmas decoration in the middle and 2 red ball Christmas trees that I got at Target a few years ago on the brick of the fireplace on each side. I have a rectangle coffee table that is really what I need help with. What could I put on it? Something short and long I am thinking but don't know what. Same color candles that I used on the other side of the room? I know I babbled about the other side quite a bit so if anyone has more suggestions I would love that. Also one other question. I would like to put something on my kitchen table. I was thinking of using my fruit bowl and adding ornaments in there as a centerpiece. I appreciate any input!!
This picture is the sitting room
Thank you!!

This post was edited by rwhirley on Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 17:45

Comments (6)