Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dull hardwood

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 17:27

My 6 yo wood floors are starting to look dull. They'll probably need refinishing in a few more years, but right now i'm looking for a way to brighten them up for the holidays. I use the Bona floor cleaner and am wondering if anyone has ever used the Bona hardwood refresher. If so, it isn't a product which causes a build up, is it? is there another product anyone has tried and had good results?TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dull hardwood

I've had great luck with Minwax hardwood floor restorer and my floors are 1937 oak done over 20 yrs ago. I prefer the low gloss but there is a high gloss product.

o

Here you to, this product is amazing. I use it once a year on my Douglas fir floors in my lake house and they look shiny and new for a whole year. Read the reviews.

Here is a link that might be useful: floor finish

o

yayagal, I have tried that product. It's just too shiny for me. Depends on the sheen the OP wants.

o

Patty - our floors are 15 years old and do not need refinishing. Are you sure it is not some kind of build-up?

o

Thank you jays mom, yayagal, and Tina. I haven't done anything yet, but don't think I want a shiny surface as it seems to attract dust much quicker. I may use the refresher product since I already have it.

Tina, no build up as I've only use Bona cleaner. I know build up since I used to use a clear product on wood floors years ago and ended up with a real mess. The dullness is everyday wear and tear from myself, grandchildren, and 3 pets. Too much of a good thing can still have it's drawbacks. ;o)

o

try shark steam cleaner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here