Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
autiemom

Beige/Khaki Paint Color (SW)

autiemom
9 years ago

Hey guys, can anyone recommend your favorite neutral paint color? I'm wanting to redo my kitchen and just looking for suggestions to narrow the field. SW has a sale on right now so their paint would be great. Also, has anyone color matched through them? I've had mixed results. TY!

Comments (14)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

you can buy the paint on sale without having it mixed, and then, later, when you've decided what color you want, take it in and SW will mix it for you.

• amck2
    9 years ago

We just remodeled our kitchen and painted it and the adjoining rooms in BM Carrington Beige. We just love it. It slants toward light khaki, yet also has a touch of golden warmth. Looks beautiful throughout the day as the light changes.

I was a die-hard white wall person for an open floor plan like ours. So glad I took the plunge with a neutral color. Our white trim really pops against it and it brings out nice tones in our wood floors and furnishings.

It's been a while since we used color matching with SW, but had good luck with it.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

One of my favorite SW colors is Amazing Grayâ¦and I usually don't care for gray.

Do you want a warm or a cool neutral?

• autiemom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think warm... I don't have a ton of light in the kitchen, and I have those wooden cabinets from the early 90s that are kind of a honey oak. Right now my kitchen is a bright yellow, but I want to tone it down for a change of pace... The kitchen opens to a room in BM Spice Gold which I love, but it isn't an open floor plan, and I want to go lighter in the kitchen.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Do you have any pics of the kitchen? That would be SO helpful.

• bonnieann925
    9 years ago

We have SW Kilim Beige in the kitchen at our Cape house and love it, although we didn't chose it. It is a lovely warm beige.

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

SW Believable Buff works well with the honey colored cabinets in my kitchen. I also have it through the main areas of my house and it's a pretty, neutral color.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

if your kitchen doesn't get much light, I wouldn't go with a light color. I'd go with a bolder color that compliments the cabinets, which would brighten up the room.

How about a blue?

Sherwin Williams Oceanside is deep, but it's a beautiful color;
    or Sw Santorini Blue

It would also be a nice segue from the Spice Gold.

• salonv
    9 years ago

I remember back when I was looking for a nice neutral beige-ish paint, I strongly entertained SW Macadamia.
    I think it might have had a bit of a khaki beige tone to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: macadamia SW

• amykath
    9 years ago

Accessible Beige maybe.

I love how it looks in this bedroom.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

SW use to have a color called Khaki Shade that I used a lot.

They can still make the formula, although it is not a listed color for SW.

Here it is in a previous bedroom.

• nhb22
    9 years ago

And in a basement room.

• kris_zone6
    9 years ago

I have SW Kilim Beige in my family room, living room and halls with white woodwork. It looks really good.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm