Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Very sheer pinch pleat curtain 4 /ring clips wanted

jterrilynn
9 years ago

I'm looking for some very sheer pinch pleat curtains I can use my curtain rings with. I would like a very very sheer blue or gray that's on the blue/gray side. My main drape is an Ivory pinch pleat that I will use my ring clips with. I have a box full. I would like a decent quality. This is for my bedroom. I have looked on O, Jcpenney, Wayfair, Country Curtains, HPD and a few others without luck.

Any ideas? I want them barely there just to add a soft tic of color and ever so slightly hide the ugly sider doors while still allowing light.

EDITED TO ADD: If not a ring type top how do I determine a good quality very sheer curtain? These will be very noticeable in the room. I want something nice.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sun, Dec 21, 14 at 10:16

Comments (14)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Did you look at ebay?

I suppose you could buy white and try to dye them...

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    9 years ago

these are gray.

Here is a link that might be useful: gray sheers

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just did a quick google image search of pinch pleated drapes with sheer curtains and I guess I donâÂÂt really need to do ring clips on the sheers. I have double rods and can do a rod pocket for sheers and use my ring clips for the drapes. Grrr, I think I have too many projects floating around in my head.

I probably should have askedâ¦what constitutes a good sheer curtain? If I want very sheer curtains and do not want it to look cheesy what should I be looking for? And where?! Most of the ones I have seen just look so cheap. The sheers will be very visible as they will be closed most of the time.

Thanks Gracie, I looked at those but IâÂÂm not sure because IâÂÂm thinking I want a nicer quality on the sheers. I have no problem with the pinch pleat drapes though as I have used JP before on that.

Annie, I did look on ebay but at the time was only looking for a pinch pleated sheer. I think IâÂÂll have another look for rod pocket. IâÂÂm just not sure what sort of fabric I am looking for if I want very nice.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Not long ago I was searching for photos of sheers with curtain rings as my window is so tall that when I go to close the rod pocket sheer, the whole rod shifts. I don't want pinch pleat sheers. So far I've had no luck.

I buy my sheers from The Company Store. They are pricey tho, as I have to order 108" - longer if I can.

• OKMoreh
    9 years ago

The most important thing with sheer curtains is to have sufficient fullness. (Actually, this is true with any curtain.) While the rule of thumb is to make them twice the width of the window, three times will look better.

I would be very cautious about blue sheers, because they color the incoming light blue and this is not always pleasant. I know this because I tried it once.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okmoreh, that is a very good point that I hadnâÂÂt thought of. In my last house I bought some inexpensive unlined curtains for the master as I knew I would be putting the house up for sale. The curtains were ivory with bits of a gold design and gave off a lovely soft warm feel to the room. I had forgotten how much I liked the effect. Maybe IâÂÂll just do an ivory sheer. There will eventually be a chair and tiny side table in that area so I can bring color in with that.

Thanks Schoolhouse, I will have a look!

For a nice look am I looking for linen sheers or voile or???

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ItâÂÂs a shame I canâÂÂt sew. This seems like a good deal. Maybe someone here might be interested so I thought I would share.

HIGH END 100% SILK VOILE fabric on ebay, cheap!

Here is a link that might be useful: high rated ebayer - silk

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Good idea about using white or ivory, grey or blue sheers can cast an unpleasant hue on everything.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Jterri, I would use a Rough Linen sheer. If you go to the website you will see them. I love the Smooth but the Myriad is even more sheer but both look lovely.

Here is a link that might be useful: rough linen sheers

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly, those are very pretty! I emailed them about my size and they answered with something that did not pertain to me. So, now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Okay, hereâÂÂs where IâÂÂm at. IâÂÂm getting sick of looking so think IâÂÂm going for the Country Curtains pleated sheers. What I had in my head was pleated very sheer sheers in a natural fiber of some sort. The problems I ran across is many of the natural fiber curtains were not sheer enough or they didnâÂÂt have a pleat or they were well beyond my price range. I did find some I liked that were a rod pocket, some of which could have been hung with my curtain ring clips but ultimately I worried that they may not hang nicely. So, I guess a compromise will be a blend fabric, part natural fiber part man made. I knew I didnâÂÂt want a full poly. I do have a full poly in the living area that has an almost linen texture that I do like but those will almost never be closed and are more for decoration. The bedroom sheers will most always be closed so I wanted a nicer quality.

I havenâÂÂt pushed the buy button on the Country Curtains sheer pleated yet because I do not want white. I now want ivory. The Country Curtains come in white and natural. Natural is hard to determine. Is it closer to an ivory or does it have sort of a beige-y look? I know I can order a swatch but was wondering if anyone here has the natural and if you like them. I have ivory drapes.

Are Country Curtain sheer naturals close to an ivory? Or, are they a beige brown-y off white? Or, sort of a cream?
    It is hard to tell in the picture.

{{gwi:2141896}}

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Grrr, Country Curtains are 100% poly. I want something more natural fiber looking. The search is still on.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know IâÂÂm talking to myself about now but thought I would share just in case someone else is in my predicament on sheer curtains. My criteria was that I wanted something ultra-sheer that was preferably in a natural fiber of some sort for subtle texture. The sheers would be teamed with an ivory pinch pleat drape but I wanted to stop short of a more formal look over all. I wanted to slightly hide the old bronze slider door sets in the master bedroom without blocking much light. Originally I also wanted them in a pinch pleat but gave up on that. All curtains and sheers will be hung with ring clips.

After days of searching I have decided on the cotton Urban Outfitters Chloe gauze sheers. The people who bought in white or ivory seemed very happy. The reviews on the other colors were not as good as the reviewers claimed said colors were not as shown. IâÂÂm going with the ivory. They are all on sale too so IâÂÂm happy about that. My walls are Sherwin Williams Antique white, floors are mid tone porcelain wood look cherry. So, my goal here was not to do contrast on the windows but instead have a slightly tailored look with the ivory pinch pleat teamed with a mild texture gauzy airy ivory ultra-sheer. My plan is to bring a soft color in with pillows, rugs , chair and art.

{{gwi:2141897}}
    {{gwi:2141898}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Re today's post of the sheer you've chosen. So instead of putting a rod through the rod pocket sheer, you are going to use ring clips along the top of the sheer? If so, this is what I'd like to see; because that is what I want to do but can't quite picture how the sheer will hang. Please post a pic afterwards. I think you've found the sheer you were looking for,too. I like it.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Schoolhouse. Out of the billions of online pictures I looked at I only found two or three examples of a double track rod where the pinch pleat drapes and the non-pleat sheers where both hung by rings clips. I do know there is a chance that my particular thin cotton gauze sheers will not hang right or look right with the clips side by side with the way the pleated will hang. If that is the case I will just pocket rod them. Or, I could weight them on the bottom and that may help. IâÂÂm hoping it will work though for the ease of opening and closing. I had a heck of a time finding non-polyester very sheer sheers. I have nothing against some of the polyâÂÂs but it just wasnâÂÂt the look and feel I was after for the bedroom and future eclectic décor in florida.

I will post pictures when done but the pinch pleats are on back order till mid January.