Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite Help (pics attached) ...

Posted by zoey75 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 16:31

We went to look at granite for our bathroom remodel today. I am not sure if what I picked is too close to what we have in our master bath (I do not want to have the same granite in both).

I will post pics of our granite which is Ivory gold & the one I picked today Madira gold. Please let me know if I need to go back again & make a new choice :) Thank you!!

PS- I need to post each pic in a separate post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite Help (pics attached) ...

Pic #1 - Ivory Gold (in our Master Bath)

o

Pic #2 - Ivory Gold (in our Master Bath)

o

Pic #3 - Madira Gold

o

Pic #4 - Madira Gold (with our tile & cabinet color)

o

I think your choices look nice together and since the bathrooms are separated I don't think it is an issue. I say if you like the one you picked go for it and don't worry about it being similar. If you pick a different one just so it isn't similar you may not be happy in the long run. You obviously gravitate toward this design and color....don't fight it.

The only caveat I might add is if the tile you are holding in the pic is for the floor you might want to consider choosing a tile that is darker...maybe that gold or taupe color in the granite....that light tile will show every speck and strand of hair. I had whitish tile in my powder room and really hated it...I could never keep it clean.

o

Thank you so much for your very helpful response!!! You make a very valid point. The tile looks very washed out in the picture it is more of a cream beige with some darker spots. This is a better picture of it.

This post was edited by zoey75 on Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 17:21

o

The new granite does look similar to what's in your MBR. Have you considered going even darker.........like the slab that is behind the one in the photo?

My flooring and cabinets are similar to yours and I have granite very similar to the dark slab.......probably why I'm drawn to it. : )

o

It's very nice but similar to what you have. I would also suggest a slighter darker gold/brown.

o

Thank you..I really want a quiet granite. But if they are too similar going darker is an excellent suggestion. I really appreciate all your suggestions!!!

Annz : Would love to see pics of your bathroom, it would be so helpful.

o

Or maybe something with similar tones but more movement?

o

A darker stained vanity would be pretty with that granite. Would that be enough of a change? I remember someone asking if vanities should match and they said it's more of a custom look when they don't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here