Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoey75

Granite Help (pics attached) ...

zoey75
10 years ago

We went to look at granite for our bathroom remodel today. I am not sure if what I picked is too close to what we have in our master bath (I do not want to have the same granite in both).

I will post pics of our granite which is Ivory gold & the one I picked today Madira gold. Please let me know if I need to go back again & make a new choice :) Thank you!!

PS- I need to post each pic in a separate post.

Comments (11)

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pic #1 - Ivory Gold (in our Master Bath)

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pic #2 - Ivory Gold (in our Master Bath)

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pic #3 - Madira Gold

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pic #4 - Madira Gold (with our tile & cabinet color)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I think your choices look nice together and since the bathrooms are separated I don't think it is an issue. I say if you like the one you picked go for it and don't worry about it being similar. If you pick a different one just so it isn't similar you may not be happy in the long run. You obviously gravitate toward this design and color....don't fight it.

The only caveat I might add is if the tile you are holding in the pic is for the floor you might want to consider choosing a tile that is darker...maybe that gold or taupe color in the granite....that light tile will show every speck and strand of hair. I had whitish tile in my powder room and really hated it...I could never keep it clean.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for your very helpful response!!! You make a very valid point. The tile looks very washed out in the picture it is more of a cream beige with some darker spots. This is a better picture of it.

This post was edited by zoey75 on Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 17:21

• annzgw
    10 years ago

The new granite does look similar to what's in your MBR. Have you considered going even darker.........like the slab that is behind the one in the photo?

My flooring and cabinets are similar to yours and I have granite very similar to the dark slab.......probably why I'm drawn to it. : )

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

It's very nice but similar to what you have. I would also suggest a slighter darker gold/brown.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you..I really want a quiet granite. But if they are too similar going darker is an excellent suggestion. I really appreciate all your suggestions!!!

Annz : Would love to see pics of your bathroom, it would be so helpful.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Or maybe something with similar tones but more movement?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

A darker stained vanity would be pretty with that granite. Would that be enough of a change? I remember someone asking if vanities should match and they said it's more of a custom look when they don't.