Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_mcguire

Update: Headboard here!

Kathleen McGuire
15 years ago

The headboard was delivered today! It looks great and I love it! Here is Squirrel's PS version of it:

and the real thing:

a close up:

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, I have to charge the battery!

Next stop, PAINT!

Comments (32)

• awm03
    15 years ago

oooh, it's so pretty! Love the linens & the glass lamps too. All together, it's simple elegance.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

It looks like a perfect start to a soothing bedroom. The subtle texture of the linen is just perfect.

Can't wait to see the rest of your choices.

• johnatemp
    15 years ago

I was just logging in.....& saw your post - been waiting on it! It looks beautiful. Simple & elegant. You must be very happy.
    Can you tell me how the legs are attached? Are they covered in material also?

Did you order those drapes on eBay?????????

Smiles:)

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Looks great!

• madeyna
    15 years ago

I love it .

• sue36
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Where did you get it?

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thankyou! Johnatemp, the legs are attached to the bed frame. They are brown metal, like a bed frame, but you really can't see them. Speaking of those drapes on ebay, I just looked again and I saw them $100 off! Whoo hoo! 4 panels! And...they had your pheasant fabric in drapes as well! Now, I'm just waiting for DH to come home for the surprise! :)

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Beautifully simple and elegant . . .congrats on a great choice!
    Lynn

• texashottie
    15 years ago

KMCG, it's gorgeous! I love it! You are a girl after my own heart--but you knew that already. ;) I missed the first thread, but is this your master? It is very serene and uncomplicated and classy.

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi TH! Thanks! Yes, it is our MBR. I am so happy with it! Found the drapes I want on ebay, so I may have to consider my master an early Christmas present. I've never really been happy with the paint, too green, so I plan on re-painting soon and still need to mat and frame a print. Hope you are enjoying your own handiwork with that beautiful headboard of yours!

• texashottie
    15 years ago

Oooo, it's beautiful already, but it sounds like it's going to be quite stunning! Keep us posted with pics!

• johnatemp
    15 years ago

Kmcg,
    Wow, this board moves fast. I don't get email notifications about replies so I had to search for your post.
    Wow! It paid for you to wait on those panels - $100 off is great. Have you thought about the Silver Sage paint or would it read too blue? I just see it on here often & it looks sooooo pretty. I can't believe they have my pheasant fabric - I really thought I was kinda being out of style embracing my autumn colors I love. But then I kinda didn't care, thou:) It is all falling into place after a few mistakes.
    Looking forward to watching your progress.

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I see you have been influenced by Hoyamom's room too!!?? Glad I'm not alone! Pull up a chair! I have always loved that color and still look at the walls when I enter the store, EVERY TIME! So, just when I thought I was all set with paint...the seed of doubt once again entered my brain! No wonder I don't get anything done! The only reservation I have with the SS is I know it can read gray (cool) and I am a warm person. I gravitate towards warm colors, although there are many cool colors I admire, I still fall back on warm. A neighbor had it in her bathroom, no window, and I thought it was a gray color. I was shocked it was SS! I have the chip in a drawer, I guess I should drag it out! I think I need a shrink!

• johnatemp
    15 years ago

No, I haven't seen Hoyamom's room...gonna go look. I was thinking of Teacat's bedroom - if my memory serves me correctly. It didn't seem cool in her room. Hhmmmmmm.

• teacats
    15 years ago

Hmmmmm ..... my bedroom is simply NOT this gorgeous NOR this wonderfully serene!! LOL!

LOVE the headboard! How about posting about the curtains? What did you find? ((yes -- I AM nosy!! LOL!))

Jan

• hoyamom
    15 years ago

Kcmg - I have always admired your classic taste and the headboard is no exception. It is beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished bedroom. I am interested in seeing those curtains. Thank you for all of your advice too.

This board is amazing. When someone sees my "stuff" they always compliment me on my design style and I tell them it isn't me - they need to check out That Home Site bc the designers are AMAZING. It is so helpful to have so many eyes helping to improve your space.

I really had to get used to the SS - the room was painted blanched almond which was warm to me so going to SS seemed cold. Once I had the furniture and drapes in it helped a lot. I think because the room is on the SW side of the house the light streams in and warms up the space. I have not seen any gray to it. I have EK Aqua in the bathroom through the door and it is hard to tell the difference between them (though EK is more blue). It doesn't read very green though. I bought 2 gallons of BM Gray Wisp in Aura and like I said in my post it really did cover in one coat so you can really save money by buying Aura.

I will keeping checking back.

• les917
    15 years ago

Great headboard!

I would think about putting the pillow shams down flat, rather than up against the headboard. I think the tufting will show more effectively when there is space below it, not just above it.

I would also think about adding a throw at the end of the bed in some of the warmer tones of the headboard for balance. The headboard reads very warm, and the bedding seems very cool in tone. A nubby or textured throw would help that a lot. This stripe one would be great, I think:

silver sage stripe throw

• johnatemp
    15 years ago

Teacats,
    Your not being nosy!! And, oh yes, your bedroom is beautiful!! Will you post a pic for Kmcg so she can see the color? Les linked a throw to a silver sage throw - don't you think that color would look good with these drapes?

Cashmere throw to throw in some luxury:) :) :) Dream on.......:)

Kmcg, I see on the ebay ad - she is back up on his/her price. Did you order? You can always offer the sales price if you didn't & are still interested?

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay drapes

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Les, I have been keeping my eye out for a throw or coverlet for the end of the bed for what seems like forever and here you find one in 2 seconds! Lol! For those who have not seen what I plan for the windows, here is the fabric below. For those of you who have seen it a million times in the 'mentalpause thread', yes, you can let out a bored sigh :/

Also love this as a companion fabric:

Teacats,
    'Hmmmmm ..... my bedroom is simply NOT this gorgeous NOR this wonderfully serene!!'
    LOL! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Your MBR is GORGEOUS! Like it just stepped out of a magazine!

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops! I see we crossposted. Thankyou! I know, you buy the cashmere throw and I'll borrow it! The lower priced drapes ended, you snooze, you lose! I'll keep a watch on the others. Her stuff moves fast! Everytime I look, there is new stuff!

• les917
    15 years ago

Glad to be of help! Be sure to consider the striped silver sage throw, not the solid. It will bring some of the warmer tones to the bed, and be a great compliment for the drapery fabric and companion fabric (you need to make a bolster pillow out of that for the bed).

• jesemy
    15 years ago

Kmcg85, beautiful choices. I just saw the Bosphorus Flax fabric for $16.99/yard in Raleigh and it is also used for drapes for one of my favorite bedrooms on RMS. Your bedroom is already so soothing--I can't wait to see the final version!

Where did you find the companion check from? It might be perfect for a room at my house!

Thanks!
    Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: RMS bedroom with Bosphorus Flax drapes.

• patricianat
    15 years ago

How very pretty. Upholstered headboards are so beautiful, from such a romantic time. They evoked the warmest and fondest memories.

• hoyamom
    15 years ago

kcmg - I hate to copy you :) but....do you think that SS striped throw would look good on the chaise in my room?

BTW - love love your fabrics and colors!!

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hoyamom, copy away! Yes, the color palette in our rooms are essentially the same. I think it would be perfect for your chaise! (I doubt anyone will see both of our homes, um, except for here of course). :)
    jesemy, Thankyou! I have been looking all over the 'net for anyone using the same fabric so I could see what they did!

• Kathleen McGuire
    Original Author
    15 years ago

jesemy, I posted before I went to your link. That is HPJ's room! I was never sure if that was the same fabric. I thought it was different, hard to tell, thanks! The check fabric is from Calico Corners. Called Seamist.

• dixiedo
    15 years ago

kmcg... soooooo pretty!! Love the way the room feels!

• mldao
    15 years ago

Beautiful headboard! I love your choice of colors.

• hoyamom
    15 years ago

I love HPJ's room too. She lives around here and everytime I go to the outlet I think I may run into her. LOL She gets a lot of her stuff at the RH/ PB outlets and HGs.
    I have her rooms listed under my favorites!!

• southernheart
    15 years ago

Very pretty headboard...I know that you must be thrilled! I also love the fabrics you're considering.

• msrose
    15 years ago

kmcg85 - I just came across this post and was wondering if you have you drapes yet? I'm not much of a "blue" person, but the two fabrics you have picked out make me want to do a room in blue.

Laurie

• saltnpeppa
    15 years ago

Kmcg,
    I was thinking about your duvet & pillow shams last nite as I was drooling over the monograming at this website. Could see it on your linens!!

I am *into* monograming for the moment.

Happy New Year!

Here is a link that might be useful: leontine linens