Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleeeese can you help me pick a new color paint?

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 16:22

My new comfort level toilet was installed yesterday, now I want a new color, anything but green. I don't plan on making any changes to the bathroom, I'm open to both light or dark colors and have thought about trying to use a stencil, if I see one I like. I'm looking forward to changing the towel bars, would like to eliminate the long one, do you agree? When I was in this house a month my Dad spent 6 weeks with me (mom was having surgery). Making a long story shorter after he came out of the bathroom I found the towel ring hanging from a large hole, towel was put back on the ring. Toilet paper holder was sitting on vanity, toilet paper was placed in hole in the wall. Long bar from towel bar was sitting on vanity with towels, one side was also on vanity. The door jam broke in half, but was still connected to the wall, there was a hole made by the knob. Thinking he was in there a long time I kept asking if he was alright, he seemed annoyed with me. He came right into the den joining us. When I saw the BR I asked him what happened, if he hurt himself, he replied " that the walls in this house are paper thin you may be able to get money for repairs from whoever inspected the house", I was in shock, kissed him, and said something about not having a good enough case, and that he shouldn't worry about it. Before dad went home he had a few other mishaps, including breaking off the vanity door in my bedroom BR. He told me he was like a bull in a china closet,,,,I'm happy to say on says my house was better prepared for him. Dad will me 92 he reads the NY times every day. All my towel bars are reinforced with plaster(cement)...even though dad uses the bathroom in my room which has several grab bars for him. I've hated the replacement items bought for the other bathroom which is used by my daughter and for guests, I'm glad it will be painted soon,,,it will be so nice to get rid of white plate behind knob.

a href="http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/ilene84c/media/DF451126-46E2-472C-ACAF-046E6FCCFF69.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo DF451126-46E2-472C-ACAF-046E6FCCFF69.jpg

photo 5F1FB4F6-18C9-4DA3-9EB3-58757BAA0F3D.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleeeese can you help me pick a new color paint?

It looks like there is a colored tile. Strip in the shower...how about one of those colors...a warm peach or rich beige?

o

I think I'd go on the hunt for a rug to use as an inspiration for wall color. With the white cabs and white floor, a rug that goes with your green vanity top and shower surround would be a good start.

o

I think the color below will look gorgeous with the white. I've used it and love love it. It's a very neutral rich color.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM color

o

AnnieDeighnaugh thanks for the suggestion of taking a color from there. I'm so bad at picking paint, when we moved in here I used a decorator for paint colors.

Karenseb unfortunately using a bathroom rug is to much of a tripping hazard for me use.

Yayagal Thanks, that's a nice color.

o

It is very difficult to try to match a color on line, but I'll suggest a few that you might want to look at. All ben moore.

Hathaway peach

Perfect peach

Serendipity

o

AnnieDeighnaugh your right, picking a color online is hard, but serendipity looks beautiful, as do the others. Next I'll buy some boards and start painting them, trying to figure it out. If I do it myself I may try using a stencil, with colors that are very close, or may look into someone doing a foe paint. I'm looking forward to getting the green off the walls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here