|I finally found a fabric I like to make a valance for my kitchen sink window and carport door half window. The only problem is that it is indoor-outdoor fabric. Will that work? Will it look too stiff and flat? I'm planning on using a 2-inch rod pocket. If I could use it, do I need to line it with drapery lining? Here are the links to the fabric and pattern I am considering, both of which go off sale tomorrow at the nearest Hancock's about an hour away, so it's now or never on this choice. They also have a stripe that might coordinate, but I need to look at it again in better lighting. Should I just keep looking? I'm having the new in-laws-to-be here in January and wanted to finish the kitchen by then; so I don't really have time to order swatches. If you have any suggestions of where to find similar fabric that is not indoor-outdoor, please let me know that as well. |
Thanks, this has driven me crazy for over a year.
|I don't think you'll have a problem with any of those valance styles and the indoor/outdoor fabric. I've used i/o fabric for a few different home sewing projects and a hired out slipcover - all worked well. The fabric does have a different feel and drape but your project won't be impacted by either. If you love it - buy it.|
|All the valances in the pattern are flat so the stiffness in the I/O fabric will actually work in your favor to hold the shape of the valance.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.