Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I hang this wall art??

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 25, 13 at 15:46

Several years ago I bought this wall art thinking I would hang them over my bed. Since I never bought anything else, I'm wondering if I should just hang them? The comforter on my bed is similar to my bedspread in color but it has small embroidered flowers with darker green leaves. I find myself only using it when I expect guests, this is the one I use on a daily basis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I hang this wall art??

A vote to try hanging those pretty artworks on a smaller space -- maybe adjoining wall space around the room.

Perhaps consider finding a couple of matching tall, thin and rectangular artworks for the wall space over each nightstand .... the lamps (or at least the lampshade) would cover a bit of the bottom of each artwork -- but a pair would work on that main wall .....

o

Agree, I think they're a bit too small for over the bed.

o

I think they are too small too. I like teacats idea to hang a tall rectangle piece of art over each nightstand. That's what we did and I really like it.

o

I'll look for something larger, but can't put anything over the night tables, 1/2 a window is over one of them. I'll keep looking...eventually I'll find, but learned my lesson, not to buy anything else on final sale.

o

Too small. Good lesson.

o

If you like them and they go well in your room, you could mount them above the bed and put a larger frame around each one...look for something affordable that you could finish yourself maybe. Or use molding to create frames on the wall in which to hang them. If you don't love them, you don't want to throw good money after bad, but if you want to use them you could probably find a pretty inexpensive solution to making them look larger for your space.

o

What are the dimensions? Would you be able to hang one above the other and hang a complementary print to the right of them? I think it'd have to be the same height as the two together.

o

Olychick that is a good idea! When I bought them I thought they were interesting, they were 10 each final sale. I always like things like this, my kitchen wall art is old tin ceiling tiles mounted on wood, so if I could find a couple more of these I could make one of them for my bedroom.kp

May flowers I don't think I'll find something to put along siide, but it's an interesting idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here