I can't decide if I should paint our doors black. Actually, I've already painted the back of our front door black and love it. I'm prepared to paint the rest of our six panel doors black. But, was stumped about this.... of course I need pictures, but use your imagination. :)
Next to (well, set back from) our fridge is a set of double doors that open into our little washer dryer area. Yes, they are practically in the kitchen. Well, they are for the most part. My cabinets are painted cream. The fridge should be stainless soon enough. The fridge will be paneled on the side in the cream wood. (To make it look built in.)
Would it look weird and detract from the kitchen to have a set of black doors next to the fridge/paneled cabinet. I wonder if it will be too much black and would detract from the kitchen. If not, they will be painted cream like everything else.
|Is there any other door in your kitchen that would also be black? Or one you can see clearly from the kitchen? If so, I think you'd be better able to do it. |
Alternatively, is there another surface you could also paint black? Like the outer face of an island?
|Black will make it stand out. Cream will make it blend in. Which do you want?|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here