Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ineffablespace_gw

Apron-front lavatory sink

ineffablespace
10 years ago

I know, wrong forum, but:
I am in the process of designing two small bathrooms in a small house and they can't be made any longer in one dimension (which is slightly under 7 ft.)

One of the solutions involves the use of a semi recessed, sort of "apron front" sink. This would be appropriate in a 50+ year old house that originally had colored bathrooms (long gone). This is so the depth of the vanity can be cheated a bit. ( I am also trying to get rid of 24" doorways).

The problem is that most sinks currently made like this are set in those super narrow vanities from Home Depot etc. and that's not really the look I am going for, and also many of them have no overflow.

I like this Kohler Sink, called Pillow Talk, from a line discontinued around 2000. (Not the Pillow hardware, so much). I have my name in at a place that has this stuff or hunts it down. They have Seafoam green, I just want to avoid that.

Anybody who knows of a sink more like this and less like the others? (There is a Duravit one that is really close to what I am thinking).

Also, btw, Kohler no longer makes its Mayflower tub, the compact cast iron corner tub closest to the 1950s -1960s almost square Cinderella tubs). I know they stop making things when the demand is low, but sometimes it seems like they stop making things almost just right before they should think about starting again.

Comments (4)