Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO large artificial Boston fern

Posted by seagrass (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 15:04

I have a dark problem corner in my family room. I can't keep a houseplant flourishing there and am tired of replacing them. I'm not an artificial plant lover, I have many healthy thriving house plants, but I want something in this spot that is green and looks real. I have a tall iron plant stand that fits well in the space and looks great when a healthy plant is in it!

Can anyone recommend an online source for a realistic-looking, large, artificial Boston fern? I've just come back from looking at a couple of large craft stores but I didn't care for their "greenery". I'm willing to invest in something of high quality but don't know where to look.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO large artificial Boston fern

Les told me about one but I've forgotten the name It was Bella Flore or something like that. I bought the most convincing Boston fern and people always ask me how I keep it so healthy. It's mixed in with smaller read ones. Maybe she can help.

o

I've not ordered from them, but they look good on line anyway...

Here is a link that might be useful: Silk Plant Design

o

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. yayagal - couldn't come up with anything on Google about that. Annie, the Silk Plant Design website does look good.

I did find a post from June on this forum about silk plants (I had searched "artificial"). One of the sources mentioned was NDI. I posted the link below LOL. I know I said I was willing to invest in something of high quality...

Here is a link that might be useful: But is it worth $350.00???

o

Funny, I was going to suggest NDI. I think their products are worth the price, but the designers who post here may have a more cost-effective source.

o

I managed a silk floral shop in West Palm Beach, FL for several years. Their silk florals and plants are amazing. They are a bit pricey but worth the money. The shop is called The Stalk Market and you can find them at thestalkmarket.net. It is a family owned business. Give them a call. I think you might like them.

o

Thank you, vickij. The website seems to be going through some reconstruction. I'll keep checking back.

o

I just checked the website and it does look like they are reconstructing it. I would suggest that you call them and talk with either Lena, Carolyn or Ken. They are the owners. They can email pictures to you and will be most helpful.

o

I too, love live plants...A suggestion (and this is what I do)..rotate your plants. I have a corner that gets only a small amount of light and I now have a palm tree in it. When the plant starts to look a little "down", I put the palm in front of a window and put a big Boston fern in its place. I imagine I rotate the plants every three months. Would something like that work for you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here