Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Any chance any of these nightstands would work in an mcm home?

rockybird
9 years ago

Is there any chance any of the RH nightstands might work in an mcm home? I think some of them are adorable and so cute. Plus they are on sale. I know they wont work, right?

My bed:{{gwi:2141551}}

Two cute nightstands:{{gwi:2141552}}
{{gwi:2141553}}

Here is a link that might be useful: nightstands

Comments (22)

• Lyban zone 4
    9 years ago

Sorry, I do not think they work but there are a lot on this page that might work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

{{gwi:2141554}}

My bath is bare bones...I will be gutting it next year. I need a place to store my towels and this is marked down. THere is a taller one too. Would this work in an mcm home with marble tile?

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks lyban. I dont like the quality of west elm for the price. I bought a credenza from them. When I opened it, it had a dent in the front. It was a good price, but the manager threw such a fit when I returned it. If it was in the back, I wouldnt have minded...

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Not unless you are starting to skew toward Hollywood Regency with some of the furniture and decor.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Would that work palimpsest? I see people mix and match traditional with mcm, but I am not sure if I see that very often in homes with mcm architecture.

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

What pal said, maybe with a glitzier bed.

Would you consider vintage? What's your bed, walnut?

This post was edited by robotropolis on Wed, Dec 24, 14 at 15:06

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

:( My bed is walnut. These are just marked down so much and they are so cute! To buy the matching dwr nightstands to the bed are so expensive. I would not be adverse to vintage at all! I have some vintage stuff in the house, but I try to be careful where I buy it from - dont want bed bugs!

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

I had a look for pair walnut nightstands on ebay and there are lots of nice ones....I looked at the dwr website and the matching stands are leggy...but I was also wondering if low and chunky might work?

Here is a link that might be useful: Low and chunky

This post was edited by robotropolis on Wed, Dec 24, 14 at 16:30

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

Here's plain and leggy

Here is a link that might be useful: Plain and leggy

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank robotropolis. Both sets are really nice. I really like the last set, but maybe I'll wait a little longer and just get the dwr matching nightstands. Here's a pic of what they look like:
    {{gwi:2141555}}

Do you all think the bathroom storage piece would be out of line?

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

What about Room and Board?

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

Yes, it is out of line.

• vasue VA
    9 years ago

The bath cabinets would be fine if you remove the legs (which likely screw on) & sit the cabinet flat on the floor. Many midcentury bathrooms had tall painted cupboards for bathroom towels & supplies, but don't recall any with legs of any kind. Even the pulls & outside hinges look right at home for the time frame. If you have the headroom, go for the taller version for increased storage in an equally narrow footprint.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

rockybird, have you haunted some of the vintage shops around the Melrose zone, roughly Indian School to Camelback and north on 7th? I'm willing to bet you could find vintage MCM pieces you'd like. If you want pairs, it might be a stretch, but I'm not into matching so two similar, but different would work for me.

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! You guys are the best! I put my order in for only sheets. I so badly wanted the cabinet and nightstands but you helped me make the right decision. :)

Pamplisest - I think you are right, r and b is a great soln. I do like a lot of their stuff.

Thanks vasue - that is a great idea, but I think I will just wait until the bathroom is gutted. I just wonder if that would work in a modern bathroom with some traditional touches.

Hi tomatoefreak - yes - I have bought quite a few things from modern manor. They have a great selection. I think it is worth making a return trip to see if they have any new inventory.

ravencajun - those are great! If I lived in Houston, I would definitely consider buying one of those. They Heywood/Wakefield is a great deal!!!

Anyway, I will either get them from dwr on sale or from R and B, unless I see the right vintage ones.

You guys are so helpful

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

This might work

Here is a link that might be useful: MCM Nightstand

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

This might work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walnut & White Nightstand

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

I found these on CL in Mesa. I love them; if they would fit in my bedroom, I'd be tempted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walnut MCM nightstand pair

• finallyhome
    9 years ago

Don't know what area you are in but here's a great one in the Dallas Area Craigslist for $70.

• User
    9 years ago

Etsy shop with very nice tables, but they are in Spain so shipping is very high: "Habitables"
    {{gwi:2141556}}

Etsy shop in NV, nice tables too and he uses walnut: "WFour Design"
    {{gwi:2141557}}

Other places to look:
    "Blu Dot"
    "Horne"

• rockybird
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys! These are great ideas! The etsy nightstands are really nice. The ones in mesa look great as do the ones at target! I didnt know target made such nice looking stuff! I'm looking through blue dot. The Horne ones might be too much. The one in dallas is awesome (and cheap), but not in my town.

Thanks again!