Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dandylandy

Did you buy your drapes & blinds online?

dandylandy
13 years ago

Help!

Did anyone have a great experience with drapes and blinds or shades online?

We need recommendations - fast! :-)

Thanks!

Comments (21)

• jlj48
    13 years ago

I've purchased drapes from JC Penney online and roman bamboo shades from Overstock online. Both with great results.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

I've also purchased drapes from Penney's online and from Country Curtains from their catalog but I believe they're also online. The latter is a really great company. Very good results from both. Just read everything in the descriptions carefully.

• bird_lover6
    13 years ago

Very happy with the curtains from Country Curtains in my daughter's room, and I love the linen curtains I ordered from Restoration Hardware in my bedroom.

Good luck!

• graywings123
    13 years ago

When buying blinds for my previous house, I bought name brands and price shopped among the various on-line sellers.

• Stacey Collins
    13 years ago

I bought honeycomb from one of those places like blindsonline.com or similar. I'm only marginally happy with them. I wish I could have seen them in person first, since I didn't order exactly what I needed, and since they're custom sized, not returnable. They were, however, cheaper and basically the same thing you can get at Lowes/HD/similar. I will say that they stood by the product. A couple of the control strings started twisting badly within a couple of months and they repaired them at no cost (had to be blind-less in winter for a couple weeks, though, which was chilly!)

• annzgw
    13 years ago

Yourblinds.com is very reliable.
    I purchased their 2 1/2" shutter blinds (faux wood). They're now having a sale on several of their blinds.

Also look at HD or Lowes and ask about their sales. There's more than what's on display available.

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

I've purchased both window panels and wood roman shades from JCP and have been very satisfied with them all. If for any reason you don't care for them you can return them to the store at no shipping cost to you. Right now they have free shipping to your home on orders $69.00 or more. Use code GETAGIFT or any amount can be shipped to the store for free. No code needed.

• rachel.sparks
    13 years ago

I purchased drapes and blinds from an online store (www.hometoolsdepot.com.
    I hope this will serve your purpose.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Guide to Home Renovation & Remodeling; Interior & exterior Improvements

• gemini40
    13 years ago

The BlindChalet..great site, great prices and fast delivery.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

Spammer alert: rachel.sparks

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

I also used JCP for Supreme drapes in my old home, and for the basswood blinds in our current home. You can get great sales and free shipping pretty often.

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Another vote for www.blindchalet.com. I ordered the white faux wood 2.5 inch blinds for 6 windows in our family room. The quality is excellent, the price was right and they were custom cut to perfection!

• vidyaram
    13 years ago

If you bought your blinds online, how did you install them. Lowes/Home depot offers free installation. How does that compare against this?
    Thanks in advance

• dandylandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, I'm the OP. Thank you so much for the info. I still haven't made a decision but am looking into the suggestions!

Who installed if you bought online?

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

we installed ours..it's not that difficult with a drill and screwdriver, measuring tape...most rods have directions...

just be sure you have accurate measurements before ordering...lenths are fairly standard...floor to ceiling being the longest...

• jlj48
    13 years ago

Another vote for overstock. Wide variety of sizes and colors. Arrived extremely quick. Great prices. Easy to install yourself.

• jannbell
    13 years ago

I bought blinds for 20 windows from blinds.com a little over 2 years ago. I got their deluxe 2" wood blinds, and I've been very happy with the blinds and price I paid. They have a feature on their website where you can ask for information about a "local professionl" to do a full service measure and install. I used the people they recommended, and I was very glad I did. They were pleasant and efficient and reasonably priced.

• User
    13 years ago

I bought a modified roman shade for one window from Smith and Noble and panels for my son's room from Ballard.

The Smith and Noble workmanship was good, but the size was slightly off from the stated dimensions and that meant it had to be hung in a different way than I had envisioned. I would not order something like that (custom size) online again.

The panels, however, were a stock size in an Ikat fabric I loved, and ordered 20 more yards of the fabric to have custom bedding made and to upholster a club chair in the same room. The panels are okay, but they were unlined so we had the workroom line them . . . it would have actually been less expensive to just have them made.

So I guess my experience is that I haven't gotten exactly what I wanted with window treatments that were ordered online.

• wi-sailorgirl
    13 years ago

We didn't have a very good experience with blindchalet. I'm glad I only bought the wood blinds for the bathroom from them. I'll buy our roman shades from someone else.

The color blinds I got were not even close in color to the swatch I received, the instructions were literally so small and poorly copied that we had to use a magnifying glass to read them. I don't anticipate closing them often so they'll be fine, but I'm not sure they would hold up to heavy use.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

I have ordered from the Shade Store several times and Smith and Noble several times. The Shade Store remade a shade no questions asked that came off the roller, and Smith and Noble sent valance brackets for free after they got thrown away.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH