Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chrome faucet cleaning tip

Posted by franksmom_2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 13:46

I discovered this by accident. All of our faucets are chrome, and we have soft water that leaves deposits on the finish. I used Kaboom cleaner (CLR or some other mineral-removing product would work, too) and a nonscratch Scotchbrite pad to get the mineral crust off.

Then, use polish meant for glass cooktops (I used MAAS brand) to polish and buff with a soft cloth. The polish is mildly abrasive, and has silicone, so it resists water marks and fingerprints.

I did the kitchen faucet this morning, and I swear, it looks like new. No scratches, no water marks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chrome faucet cleaning tip

Don't you love shiny faucets? I do and I use Windex or Glass Plus....spritz on and wipe with a paper towel. To get the lime water deposits off, I wrap a vinegar soaked cloth around the faucet and leave it for a few hours. Then sprintz and wipe.

o
RE: Chrome faucet cleaning tip

Thanks for the tip! I think you mean hard water - hard water has high levels of minerals and leaves limescale deposits.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here