Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Shelf brackets! Yikes $$$$$! Help! Show me your kitchen or other

jterrilynn
10 years ago

I have some hardy cherry shelves to mount in a kitchen. I will need at least three brackets a shelf. The shelves are 14" deep and will be used to support pretty everyday dishes such as plates, saucers, cups and bowls. I'm guessing I need 12" brackets? Originally I wanted something stainless in a simple modern design. When I googled this criteria I found brackets near $200 or over "each". This nearly gave me a heart attack! I had no idea. Would anyone know of simple, attractive but heavy load brackets that do not cost an arm and a leg?

Comments (10)

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I just bought brackets at HD. They are in the gate hardware area. Was surprised how heavy they are and well made. Available in stainless or black, nice style (not the plain garage looking ones). Two different sizes, less than $15 each. You could look at them and see what the weight strength is, plus if the design would work. There are two different sizes. Just checked their web site and these are not shown.

• chesters_house_gw
    10 years ago

There are these on Amazon. The description doesn't provide a weight rating other than "amazing," however.

Here is a link that might be useful: stainless brackets

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your help! I never would have thought about looking in the fence and gate section and will have a look tomorrow. You inspired me to think out of the box so I am now looking in restaurant supply houses. These are close to what I want in a simple stainless that will hold a heavy load I but donâÂÂt really want to spend $59 a bracket. So, IâÂÂll keep looking.

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

Check ikea too.

• Tmnca
    10 years ago

Check ikea too.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Amazon has quite a few of them.

• vedazu
    10 years ago

Perhaps, if not now, but in the future, you can find a handy carpenter--my carpenter just took the utilitarian metal supports and routed out some decorative covers--two pieces of wood with the metal inside--like a wood sandwich. Didn't take him long and they look prettier than metal.

• vedazu
    10 years ago

Perhaps, if not now, but in the future, you can find a handy carpenter--my carpenter just took the utilitarian metal supports and routed out some decorative covers--two pieces of wood with the metal inside--like a wood sandwich. Didn't take him long and they look prettier than metal.

{{!gwi}}

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

TJerri, I love those and as seen, there are a lot of options for a far lower price. The only thing about online is not knowing how solid they are. You can ignore this though, buying online has become much easier for me and the majority of products have surprised me regarding quality.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for the visual vedazu! And, I still need to check out Ikea as well. However, as Tech has said IâÂÂm worried about how solid they are. I have so many things to figure out in a short time and IâÂÂm also planning a big vacation. My mind is crammed!